NGS On Line Shop Open

Started by REGP, January 13, 2015, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

It looks as if they have managed to get an online shop of sorts open and running.

As they say not exactly state of the art but I am sure it will do for the moment.
Well done NGS.

Ray

Geoff

Well its a start and well done for there efforts.
Geoff

MikeDunn

Definintely not pretty, and still obscure in finding it ... but got there in the end :)

A good start  :D

Geoff

Quote from: MikeDunn on January 13, 2015, 01:05:18 PM
Definintely not pretty, and still obscure in finding it ... but got there in the end :)

A good start  :D

Yep its behind the bike shed  :D
Geoff

ScottyStitch

Considering it is temporary, I think once you find it (could be more visible), it's not that bad. The postage issue IS cumbersome, but hey, it beats no shop at all. ;)

MikeDunn

Do you mean the amount (AFAIK, it's unchanged ?) or the fact you need to manually add it ?

Calnefoxile

Well as no-one has included the link in this post, here it is: http://www.ngsjoin.com/

It's pretty much just been bolted onto the Online Membership system, for the time being. My only criticism at the moment, is that when you click on a picture, it's supposed to open up a pop-up windown with an enlarged picture of the item, but it doesn't at the moment. I have mentioned this to the Webmaster and he is going to look into it.

Otherwise, well done to everyone for at least getting this far.

Regards

Neal.

red_death

Quote from: Calnefoxile on January 13, 2015, 05:30:35 PM
My only criticism at the moment, is that when you click on a picture, it's supposed to open up a pop-up windown with an enlarged picture of the item, but it doesn't at the moment.

It does for some products eg some of the RTR products - I guess it depends what photos were available!

Good work by all involved!

Cheers, Mike

Jack

From tiny acorns mighty oaks grow!

I've just had a wander through the sight and it certainly much more encouraging to want to buy when you can see pictures, all be it a little more work is needed to be able to enlarge the pictures better.

Thanks One and All for your hard work.  :thumbsup:  :beers:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Thebigshot

Hi Guys

As a new member as of today (today as in I only paid for membership today) I was wondering how you guys order an item and pick up and pay at an exhibition as I've spotted an item that would look good on my layout and wanted to get it and I'd just wait and get it at model-rail but I wanted to give plenty of notice incase it need to be ordered

Thanks
Alan

Tank

It's good to hear that they have started on the online shop as promised.  Well done to the volunteers at the NGS. :thumbsup:

Edit:-  Have just taken a look.  It looks fine to me.  My only pointer is that you see a thumbnail, click on it, and the popup shows a picture the same size.  Perhaps this could be changed?

Bealman

Great to hear the NGS shop is getting back into gear.

Well done to all involved.   :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

SD35

Thumbs up to the shop.  I placed an order on the 14th and five TTA kits were sat waiting on my doorstep when I got home this afternoon looking for a slot on Kirkholme.  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations