So what did Santa bring everybody?

Started by Newportnobby, December 25, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

Santa doesn't visit me any more! :'(  Probably because I am not as innocent as others on here!!!

Anyway, my youngest stepson presented me with a voucher for (1) locomotive of my choice.

I have decided upon the quirky livery of the Dapol Class 66 in the children's livery.

http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=303

Apart from that lovely thought I was given the usual socks, handkerchiefs and books!

Cheers Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

joe cassidy

Welcome back Peter.

Hope your vision is now back to normal ?

Best regards,

Joe

Tdm

Reading this thread has just reminded me of another advantage of living in a warm climate.
Nobody ever gets me socks, scarves, or pullovers anymore as they know they will never get worn, but if someone (like the kids) do get me clothes it is usually short sleeve shirts or T-shirts, or soft casual shoes, and those I will wear.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 27, 2014, 07:01:47 PM
Welcome back Peter.

Hope your vision is now back to normal ?

Best regards,

Joe
Thankyou Joe,

Vision is still VERY limited and I am so glad I started in "N" gauge otherwise I wouldn't have purchased magnifying lenses!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks again, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Skyline2uk

Having decided what to get with my Christmas money, some parcels on their way for me.

In the meantime, I decided to join the growing band of new 37 owners.....

I was tempted to order one from Gaugemaster (10% off sale), but in the end I gt this example from my local shop. Was only a couple of quid more, plus I got to see it running.

The latter was a good choice as the first one we tried sounded very lumpy indeed  :worried:!

A few bits of stock on order to go with this, will post on my layout thread soon.

Skyline2uk

lil chris

I was lucky to get a set of 5 dvd's "the glory days of British Steam" which is very interesting although a bit sad to see the state of some loco's in their last days.I also was given a bit of cash so I might get another controller whileI have the cash. I have already bought a few bits in cluding a gf mineral wagon, some plastics for scratchbuilding, hopefully a signal box.

ps nice to see you back peter
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

austinbob

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on December 27, 2014, 05:37:36 PM

I have decided upon the quirky livery of the Dapol Class 66 in the children's livery.

http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=303

Cheers Peter.

I don't think you'll have any trouble seeing that one Peter!!
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Dennisy

Her indoors got me a standard class 5MT managed to run it in a nd decoded runs really well. Treated myself to the flying scotsman that runs well having had to send the first one back. The bottle of port is still unopened from the sister in law as still drinking the oneI bought before Christmas. Looking forward to the 31st the big 65 and pension at last might treat myself to something ,'n' gauge but not sure what yet. Any suggestions, modelling 50's and 60's both steam and diesel. Happy New Year to you all. :claphappy:

austinbob

Santa sent me a big credit card bill!!
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Croxy

I was very fortunate this year!!!

Rule 1 applies!    :bounce:

:)
If you like it run it......

Tdm

Was hoping to have received a parcel from our friends in Liverpool by now with a Class 25/1 and other items in it but it has yet to arrive. It was a Xmas present to myself.

Will now have to wait a month as off on a cruise tomorrow to the Caribbean from Tenerife, and I don't think there any trains in the Caribbean Islands as I have been before, but there there other things there to keep me happy.

So it's goodbye from me till the end of January as flying back to the U.K. from Barbados to spend a few days with my daughter and her children before returning to Tenerife late January.

You never know I might call in Dutfields model railway shop in Chelmsford when we get there before catching a plane home - nice little shop and helpful staff who help me fill in the necessary forms to claim VAT back on my purchases.

Happy New Year everyone - have enjoyed being part of the NGF since I first joined just over 12 months ago.

Still haven't got our Xmas presents from said daughter - so that's another thing to  look forward to in January, although she would have been better just hanging on to them till will we arrived in Chelmsford rather than post them to Tenerife.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dennisy on December 29, 2014, 08:17:39 PM
might treat myself to something ,'n' gauge but not sure what yet. Any suggestions, modelling 50's and 60's both steam and diesel.

Unless you are location specific, the stand outs seem to be:-
Dapol
Class 22 and 52
Farish
Duchess, 4F, Ivatt 2MT, J39, Class 25, Fairburn, Blue Pullman
Hornby (Arnold)
Brighton Belle

No doubt I've missed something as the above are just personal observations

Croxy

A few more pressies I got this year....  :)

Been busy building some of the models!    :D

If you like it run it......

ChrisWV10

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations