Started by Newportnobby, December 25, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on December 25, 2014, 09:47:30 PM
****She ... Oh the stereotyping of Model train enthusiasts :D

:oopssign: :sorrysign:

Just as well I didn't post in the gender/toys thread :-[

bees

Santa brought me the Dapol Test Car 10  :D looks awesome, even with wrong number on the body side.

Steven

btw, merry christmas to you all

:NGF:
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Bob Tidbury

Val managed to guese that I wanted the umber/ cream Brighton Belle though I had to test it when it came a while ago just to make sure it worked of course.
Glenn got me a realy useless box I'm going to have fun building that it takes about an hour  or two.
Mother in law gave me a Dymo label maker so I can now re do all of my control panel and some wheeling and dealing money ,so did my brother in law.
Lots of the usual stuff, from other relatives and friends.
The challenge from our friends in Canada not so difficult this year N gauge painters , some more people and a book on the Rocky Mountaineer
But Charlene and my future son in law gave me TWO tickets to go and see my favourite singer of all time RUMER in London in February,
All in all not a bad Christmas this year.
And as usual a fantastic Christmas dinner Val is good at This but has to ?? Have help from her Mother who usually THINKS she is helping but is actual fact in the way.
Hope you all done as well as me I can't wait to run the B B legally as you might say.instead of a sneaky TEST Run .
Bob

railsquid

A bright red train, of course.

Old-style Marunouchi metro line train, from the first underground line to be built in Tokyo after the war (and only the second, following the Ginza line, a more modern train from which is sitting next to it on the left). Some of them are still in use in Buenos Aires.

talisman56

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on December 25, 2014, 11:04:06 PM

Hope you all done as well as me I can't wait to run the B B legally as you might say.instead of a sneaky TEST Run .
Bob

I managed to get a test run in before SWMBO purloined the 'Belle' as my Xmas present (hence the photo on the previous page showing the old station arrangement on "Dunestone"). Just need to get into the garage tomorrow and get it run in officially...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Skyline2uk

I did rather well this year....

....Highlights include a lovely sign from beloved to go on the door for the "Man Cave", a new 18 volt drill and associated bits from her parents and a couple of DVD sets from her sister. All this plus a huge stack of chocolate which should see me through to my Birthday with ease  :D

On the N gauge front I did better than normal in terms of funds from Mother dearest, so I get the pleasure of some "me" shopping for the layout. 

I see others did well, seasons best to you all.

Skyline2uk

marco neri

...Santa brought me clothes, parfums and many typical Christmas cakes...but the Befana ( classic italian figure of Epiphany......the old woman ,very bad with a big nose, coming the night of 5th January on board a flying broom)..will  bring me the Class 35 Hymek by Dapol.....

:NGaugersRule:
Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

jpendle

2 Castle Cement bogie wagons, 2 Autoballasters, plus a bunch of containers and some Oxford diecast lorries. Other presents stuck in the post but hopefully will arrive before my birthday.
My main present though is the wherewithal to pledge for 2 DCC sound 11 car Pendolino's

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

longbridge

Quote from: newportnobby on December 25, 2014, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: Only Me on December 25, 2014, 09:47:30 PM
****She ... Oh the stereotyping of Model train enthusiasts :D

:oopssign: :sorrysign:

Just as well I didn't post in the gender/toys thread :-[

Y cant post there anyway Mike, some spoiled sport locked it  :censored: :smiley-laughing:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Geoff

Well I got DS64's and some micro switches plus 3 Metcalfe models, not forgetting socks, slippers a bottle of Glenmorangie, not forgetting a slate Royat Scot sign plus some shortbread biscuits with a Loco on the tin, all in all a very happy Christmas with my family.
Geoff

Plainline.

Well hobby wise I got a Blackpool tram book, a book of WW1 light railways, a 16t mineral wagon and what I was really hoping for a class 22. Plus a great time with my family!
Santa's been kind to me!

steam-driven boy

...being a bear of very little brain...

Toneeze

The usual pressies,ie-; socks,beer, choc`s and 2 Midland bake vans and a very nice Princess Coronation class City of Bradfofd in BR black. :thumbsup:

joe cassidy

Quote from: Mustermark on December 25, 2014, 09:02:08 PM
Fortunately my lovely wife put parcels under the tree containing three geeky t-shirts, a geeky Periodic Table beer glass, and a 10-base-pair Molymod DNA molecule kit. Seeing a DNA molecule on the Christmas Lectures on TV, aged 16,  is why I ended up in Biotech, and finally owning one of my own is awesome.

Hi Mark.

Can the Molymod products be bought over the internet ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Joe

Tdm

Turning this thread around slightly - just received an email from Ebay asking me if I wanted to advertise anything in their "Unwanted Xmas Presents" section.

Can't say that I have, but not all the presents have arrived yet - have other Forum Members on here got any presents they would like to "pass on", and if so what and why!? 

I did have a bit of a sore head yesterday - but wouldn't wish to pass that on to anyone.  ???

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations