So what did Santa bring everybody?

Started by Newportnobby, December 25, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Festive ales and choccies, the parody of 50 shades called '50 sheds of grey (three in a shed), a book & dvd set of Great British Steam and, most importantly, plenty of Rails vouchers to offset some of my pre orders and a voucher for our local model railway emporium (aka Chuckle Brothers).
Totally stuffed now after eating what seemed to me to be 2 x Christmas dinners :thumbsup:

What did Santa bring you?

cycletrak9

Thanks to a staggeringly generous cheque from Mother-in-law I now have the cash to complete baseboards and buy track for Tintern - so watch the layout construction posts in the New Year!

Malc

Santa brought me the Cream and Brown Brighton a Belle. Somehow I have a spare decoder chip at hand. I got a bottle of Tanquerary gin to keep me quiet after lunch and some Hugo Boss smelly stuff. I also got from SWIMBO a couple of autobiographies - John Cleese and Guy Martin. Looking forward to my birthday presents in 12 days time.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Lawrence

A really nice day with my wife and daughter, my dinner cooked for me (and the dishes cleared), just some nice time for the 3 of us.
Nice pressies too of course.

dodger112958

The fat guy in the red suit brought me, Farish Tornado in BR Green, a rake of seven BR SR Mk I carriages, two BR Blue carriages, Great Central Station building, gents toilet block, covered waiting room, the covered stairway leading to the upper level, water tower and a single road TMD. :D

Well pleased.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Tdm

Well all the Xmas parcels have yet to reach Tenerife, but my son's did and amongst other presents from him were a couple of Metcalfe kits to keep me busy and a year's subscription to Model Rail.

I know there are other n gauge items yet to arrive, so I will just have to be patient.

Looking forward to a quiet night in tonight, after a couple of very busy days & nights, and still recovering from last night's party that we threw at our home, and an enormous Xmas lunch today out with friends in glorious sunshine. 

Turned really warm today (we have a Calima at present), so felt sorry for Father Xmas and his helpers in the heat as they gave out presents to over 50 children at the Poolside at 11am, which is a tradition we have here (see small selection of some of the photos I shot).

I was responsible for the Xmas music round the Pool, and announcing the results of the Xmas Poolside Raffle immediately following Santa's visit.

longbridge

I got nothing to do with trains, we have such a big family that by the time we buy presents for everyone there is no money left   :doh: I cant buy for the Wife and she cant buy for me  :worried: thats OK though all being well our present will come early Feb when we head off on a three week holiday in the caravan  :claphappy:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

A new updated solar powered weather station for out in the backyard - the old one carked it.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

1936ace

As I had to work yesterday Xmas was a bit quite(although the guys at the fire station made for a "fun" time)
Family get together the day before gave me some dvd's to watch on the train to work very happy!
Have a safe festive season
Bart

GeeBee

I got a class 58 from SWMBO plus some clothes and other goodies, nothing from my son haven't heard from him since April and he's changed his phone number.
So I must have really p****d him off over something. Never mind grandchildren will arrive day after boxing day there goes the peace and quiet

I found an Iwata Neo airbrush and an AS186 compressor under the tree this morning. That'll do nicely!

Ditape

Nothing Model Railway wise but the usual selection of wine and choccy's,etc. :(
Diane Tape

Mustermark

I was a naughty boy this year so Santa brought a lump of coal.

Fortunately my lovely wife put parcels under the tree containing three geeky t-shirts, a geeky Periodic Table beer glass, and a 10-base-pair Molymod DNA molecule kit. Seeing a DNA molecule on the Christmas Lectures on TV, aged 16,  is why I ended up in Biotech, and finally owning one of my own is awesome.

The parcel from Hattons containing a Dapol Britannia (and a OO scale No. 17 Reading bus for my bus collection) that I bought myself hasn't arrived in time... Nor did the parcels from my disorganized kids!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

talisman56

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Well that's 2 Brighton Belles that have 'appeared' at Christmas, and I don't mean winsome women from the south coast :no:
Shame some pressies haven't arrived yet but it does look as if Santa got waylaid in Tenerife so hopefully they'll turn up soon. I reckon Only Me's son is getting waaayyy too much pocket money if he can afford a Western. My sister got me some hand made chocolate brussel sprouts and, I have to say, they're far better than the real thing and not as windy :laugh: :-[ Here's an old one...........
What's the difference between brussel sprouts and bogeys?

Kids won't eat brussel sprouts :-X

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations