Grafar Ltd.....MK3 Inter-city Coaches.

Started by dude2112, January 27, 2014, 07:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude2112

Hi, I have recently ( rightly or wrongly ) bought six of these MK3 British Rail coaches from e-bay.
The make of these wasn't given just N-Gage Coaches.... I do like the coaches but there is no internal seating etc.

Has anyone any experience with this make and can I get the internal detail I require too make them more pleasing on the eye, or should I put them back up for sale and buy newer coaches......

Cheers Andy.
Never Assume Anything......It makes An Ass out of U and Me.....

Buzzard

Quote from: dude2112 on January 27, 2014, 07:47:19 PM
Hi, I have recently ( rightly or wrongly ) bought six of these MK3 British Rail coaches from e-bay.
The make of these wasn't given just N-Gage Coaches.... I do like the coaches but there is no internal seating etc.

Has anyone any experience with this make and can I get the internal detail I require too make them more pleasing on the eye, or should I put them back up for sale and buy newer coaches......

Cheers Andy.

Andy,

Look at the following link to a site that sells seating for Farish coaches

http://www.brlines.com/products.php?section=1

Nigel

dude2112

:thankyousign: Cheers Nigel, looks like just what I want.....

Jack

NGS shop has them too. I think you can buy them as you want from them, in singles if you require.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

dude2112

Hi, I have just had a thought  :bounce:
My coaches say GRAFAR....Britain on them, are they an early item from Graham Farish or am I wrong  :doh:

I do not yet have anything to compare them too so am asking on here..... also, maybe a daft question but how do I open them up to insert the detail I want ?

Thanks as always Andy.

Chris

Grafar Britain means the earlier ones that were made in Poole before production went to China in 1999(?), but the tooling is the same.

To open them up the roof can be removed by sliding a fingernail or thin piece of plastic between the roof line and the top of the body, running along the edge. The roof is then held on by a couple of pins inside the centre of the body (seen through the windows) which are glued to the roof so you will need to gently break these off. They can then be glued back again once the seating has been installed. The China Farish mk3s are exactly the same construction-wise.

dude2112

Thanks Chris, I have just opened one of the coaches by way of the means you suggested........
It worked no problem, I can now order the seating I want knowing that I can fit them.

Cheers Andy.  :thumbsup:

dude2112

Jack, I have looked for them on the forum shop but cannot find. ( Its not the easiest place I have ever tried too shop though ).

Again thanks for all the help, at least I am moving forwards not backwards for a change....

Andy.

Jack

Have a look in the shop list that comes with the magazine, that's where I came across them.

Jack

BernardTPM

Quote from: Chris on January 28, 2014, 07:18:45 PM
Grafar Britain means the earlier ones that were made in Poole before production went to China in 1999(?), but the tooling is the same.

There were two versions of the Mk.3 produced. Early ones from about 1982(?) to 1990 had window inserts and the body was smaller in profile. From 1990 the body and roof were retooled with the body a one-piece clear shell. Unlike the Mk.1 & Mk.2 coaches the later Mk.3s are slightly bigger in the body (though not longer) so look better with the Mk.1 & 2 coaches. The clear shell version is still current.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations