one track railway electrified

Started by Roman Kochnowski, February 20, 2013, 01:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tadpole

These last two are unidirectional terminal loops, not sure that they should qualify.

While on the underground:
Epping - Ongar (closed, now preserved)
Holborn - Aldwych (closed)
Two rails good. Three better.

Pengi

Quote from: kaiwhara on February 20, 2013, 04:21:41 PM
Farnham - Alton
Sheerness Branch
Crystal Palace to Beckenham Junction
Seaford Branch
Fareham to Botley
Lymington Branch
Moreton to Dorchester South.

All on the Southern

The Fareham to Botley line is prone to flooding. There used to be a double track line that avoided the Funtley tunnels but this flooded even more and so they kept the single track line.

I don't know the Sheerness line, but most of the others I know pretty well - especially the Moreton/Dorchester South line. Have been held up many times waiting for a train to clear the single track. The line needs a stronger power supply before it could be upgraded to double track.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Lankyman

Don't forget the Paisley Canal Branch in Scotland which was only electrified in December last year. Also the section between Crewe South Junction and Barthomley Junction on the Kidsgrove line is only single track. Another little quirk is the section between Deansgate Junction and Altrincham Station where the Metrolink and NR lines now operate as parallell single lines but were originally double track electrified at 1500V DC but then converted to 25Kv AC. What is now the Metrolink line kept the 25KV AC system for a short while after the separation before Metrolink took over.

Ron
Ron

Roman Kochnowski

Many thanks to all of you for your friendly help.I know much more about these lines in UK.Today was a great moment at my technical layout.My first British Diesel (Class 66 Dapol)had a test ride.
Best wishes to all
Roman

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations