Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Quote from: newportnobby on June 28, 2014, 04:34:15 PM
BIG tax rebate received - 6 figure sum (but includes 2 decimal places) :bounce: :bounce:

What great news, better let Rails know an order or two could be on the way!   ;)   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Agrippa

BIG tax rebate received - 6 figure sum (but includes 2 decimal places) :bounce: :bounce:

That's good news! Enjoy! A few years ago I got a big tax refund , took
the HMRC cheque to the bank .The young cashier stared at it and said
he'd be back in a minute, returns with his senior who was most
interested in helping me decide what to do with it!

Being a polite chap I said I'd think about it for the next couple of days
instead of telling him to mind his own :censored: business!  :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

talisman56

That's nothing - you should have been here for the calls I got from the bank Manager (no less) when I got the lump-sum from my pension paid into my account - and that was for almost 6 figures (not counting the decimals).

I told them it was all accounted for - credit cards, loans and most of the mortgage paid off...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on June 28, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

What great news, better let Rails know an order or two could be on the way!   ;)   :thumbsup:

That's where the bulk of my pre-orders are, Caz. I might just as well send them the cheque now :'(

Agrippa

Quote from: talisman56 on June 28, 2014, 08:44:45 PM
That's nothing - you should have been here for the calls I got from the bank Manager (no less) when I got the lump-sum from my pension paid into my account - and that was for almost 6 figures (not counting the decimals).

I told them it was all accounted for - credit cards, loans and most of the mortgage paid off...

The bank probably needed your dosh to keep them from going bust. :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Malc

I had a 4 figure rebate from the tax man early last year and met my bank manager when I was paying it into my business account. He asked if he could help me with it. I explained that neither my accountant or I could explain why I was due the rebate, so as soon as the cheque cleared it was going into the building society. They haven't asked for it back yet......but they have 15 years to do it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

javlinfaw7

The 1959 mark v Reliant I think Should be a Regal.

Papyrus

Step-kids have flown the nest?    :thumbsup:
Spare room cleared of junk?         :thumbsup:
New radiator fitted?                      :thumbsup:
Wardrobe rebuilt?                         :thumbsup:
Room re-decorated?                      :thumbsup:
New carpet?                                  :thumbsup:
Baseboard materials assembled?  :thumbsup:
Track bought?                                :thumbsup:
Morley controller ordered?             :thumbsup:
Hallelujah, brothers and sisters, let railway modelling commence!  :claphappy: :bounce: :claphappy: :bounce: :claphappy:

Chris

Newportnobby

I can see why you're happy on all those counts. Luxury modelling :)

keerout

Amen, brother thou art truly blessed !  :NGaugersRule:
Gerard  :wave:

Papyrus

Quote from: newportnobby on July 01, 2014, 10:49:55 AM
I can see why you're happy on all those counts. Luxury modelling :)

Not entirely for my benefit... The room will still need to be used as a spare bedroom from time to time! Still, I'm not complaining. ;D

Chris

Tdm

Just landed back in Tenerife after 5 days spent in "sunny" Chemsford. Had taken all sorts of warm clothes expecting it to be cold (compared to Tenerife), but it was just the opposite.

That was good news item 1.

Good news item 2 was that I picked up a few bargains from Dutfields Model shop, and Heather there was very helpful and filled in a VAT reclaim form for me for my purchases which I have just dropped off at Stanstead Airport.

Good news no. 3 was that there was a parcel waiting for me from KJB models when I got home, and I only ordered from them the day before I left on the 27th.

Too late now but can't wait for tomorrow as Osborns replacement parcel arrived just before I left for the U.K. as well so I have their things to try out, the stuff I bought at Dutfields, and those from KJB.

Had a great time in Chelmsford with the latest Grandkids, had a nice meal out with another Triumph Stag owner and family I know who lives in the area, and generally enjoyed the visit, and the Grandkids seem to have been really pleased to see us, as was my daughter and her husband.

Regards the other thread of mine headed "U.K. Visit" - thanks to those who replied but there really was nothing going on model railway wise in the area whilst we were there, but my visit to Dutfields made up for that.

Below is a quick pic of some of my purchases.

port perran

Glad you enjoyed your visit.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bob Wild

Getting excited now Le Tour is almost here. The atmosphere in Holmfirth is electric with anticipation - yellow bikes and pink spots everywhere. Up to the Moss on Sunday. Will Cav do it in Harrogate and Froome in Sheffield?

Newportnobby

Glad your visit to Blighty went well, Terry :thumbsup:
Quite successful on many counts by the look of things :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations