Code of Conduct Update

Started by guest2, October 21, 2014, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwL

Quote from: Bealman on October 22, 2014, 10:43:51 AM
This issue has been addressed.  :thumbsup:

I agree. Can we just lock the thread now please mods as I see a witch hunt looming although the issue has been dealt with. Further comments about the C of C amendment are totally not needed at this stage as decision has been made.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Tank

To pick up on some points:-

If a loco is sold as broken and then fixed, then I personally see no problem in selling.  All reported problems (to which I doubt there will be any now!) would be dealt with individually, and I think that we could use our own heads in seeing someone who is clearly profiteering, or someone who has just decided to change eras or locations after a couple of months.

There is nothing I can do to stop anyone selling anything on other auction sites, as it's not illegal.  However, the whole point of this is to keep with the ethos of the forum, by being a friendly community and helping each other.  If someone does something to harm the community then they lose their privilege of being a member.

I appreciate the idea of a seller choosing whether a member can sell on the item or not.  If members would like that then they can write that in their For Sale listings, or I could try and code something into the N'porium listings with a check box?  Thoughts on that are welcome.

Rabs

I think that you've already adequately covered the issue Tank.  I think that we are mostly in agreement that what you have asked people to do is both reasonable and fair, regardless of any legal technicality.  I echo the suggestion that this thread be locked.

DCCDave

Quote from: Tank on October 22, 2014, 08:12:33 PM
I appreciate the idea of a seller choosing whether a member can sell on the item or not.  If members would like that then they can write that in their For Sale listings, or I could try and code something into the N'porium listings with a check box?  Thoughts on that are welcome.

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The buyer could choose to agree, and then still sell the item at a profit. You may of course then choose to ban them from the forum but there is nothing else that can be done. Personally I wouldn't waste any more time on it.

If a seller is dead set against someone making a profit (which is the buyers right once the item in question becomes their own) then the only way they ensure that that doesn't happen is to not sell the item in the first place.

I believe (though I'm not a lawyer so can't be sure) that such a restriction would be in breach of the sale of goods act and would not be enforceable in law, therefore the only sanction would be to ban them from buying through N'porium again. Any attempt to 'name and shame' as some have asked for would most certainly be deformation.

Dave

Tank

Many thanks all. 

I shall lock this now, but if anyone has any major concerns then please PM me.

Thanks,
Tank.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations