Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Quote from: Illori on December 04, 2012, 12:54:29 AM
you mean on the mobile theme or the wap mode? i am not sure we can add more features to the wap mode but will add it to the list.

Sorry I did not realise  they were different.
I assume I am using wap mode  on the phone.
The other idea if you cannot add more features would be just move the Options to the top of the list so it comes between the Header " N Gauge Forum and "General Catergory.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Illori

what options? are you using the blue mobile theme or is wap in the url you are using?

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Illori

then i will not modify it, sorry. it is a pain to attempt so i will not.

Oldman

No problem- if you dont ask you dont know

kaiwhara

I do have one other suggestion.

When someone sends you a PM, you get an email. In that email is a link to reply to that PM. However there isn't a link to just simply view the message without having to read it as a quote in your response. Can this link be added?

Ta :)

Andrew
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Pengi

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 06, 2012, 09:23:15 AM
I do have one other suggestion.

When someone sends you a PM, you get an email. In that email is a link to reply to that PM. However there isn't a link to just simply view the message without having to read it as a quote in your response. Can this link be added?

Ta :)

Andrew

I know what you mean. I don't use the email link myself anymore because of this.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Illori

Quote from: Pengy on December 06, 2012, 07:02:52 PM
I know what you mean. I don't use the email link myself anymore because of this.

see if it is any better now ;)

Pengi

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2012, 07:20:27 PM
Quote from: Pengy on December 06, 2012, 07:02:52 PM

see if it is any better now ;)
The email has two links in it. The first is to reply. The second link is to view and needs a bit of text above it to say 'View this message' and the link works - thanks

I wonder if the reply to link is not necessary as you won't know if you want to reply to the message until you have viewed it. Just my view though - what do others think?

Illori

the second link should have the text "Read this Personal Message here:" before the link... which apparently i did not upload the file so it was missing. it should show now.

Pengi

Bigric

Have ploughed through all this (I even understood SOME of the tech stuff....but not much !) and I thought I'd put my ten pennyworth in !! I've been an n gauge modeller for 12 years now - more than some , but less than many more - and grappled with dcc for 10 years , and I just wish that the Forum had been available in my early years . I read recently in a mag article on the Dapol company that n gauge accounts for only 10% of our hobby's business , but it feels more than that....doesn't it ???
                   If you look at how busy the firms are which produce n gauge items , and at how many new ones are surfacing all the time , it feels like we've reached a critical mass now - our wallets are constantly under threat , now more than ever !!
                   In my opinion , Tank & the rest of the team do a really great job on the Forum ( Thinks:One day soon , I'll find out how ALL the bits on the Forum work .) Take a bow!! Best wishes , Ric

kaiwhara

:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67%