Slow loading of forum

Started by GAD, March 05, 2022, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Must be because I'm upside down.... it's fine here!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

devonjames

It's intermittently slow (it took 16 seconds just now between hitting 'reply' and the text box window opening). It's more like it is being slow to resolve the dns rather than a slow database issue.  At other times it works fine.

dannyboy

Definitely a lot slower today than normal. Yesterday was not too good either, but today is extremely slow
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Seriously, I'm on me head here, and it's like cutting through melted butter! Very, very speedy!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

Slow here also for the last two or three days; think they must have replaced the hamster with a tortoise in the generator treadmill
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

stevewalker

Painfully slow for me today. So slow that I got bored of waiting for this page to load and opened another tab to browse today's news!

Papyrus

Galloping along here just fine. Wonder why it affects some people and not others?

Cheers,

Chris

Brian-1c

Slow response here too. It is slow to get to a page, or create a reply, but actually then loads the content quickly. It is therefore indexing or lookups that cause the delays, not line speed or data transfer rate.
Brian

Newportnobby

Taking ages to do certain things like loading pages after clicking 'Show all unread posts' or tagging folks for a PM

port perran

It's been sooooooo slow all day but SUDDENLY it's cracking along like lightning.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

TrevL

Yep, got to agree.  Took 26 seconds from clicking on this thread to actually seeing it.  My speed is currently 76Mbps.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Tank

Seems poor at times and back to it's usual a bit later.

I need to pay the bill tonight, and I'll raise a ticket with the host at the same time.

Southerngooner

That's how it is here. I'm using on on three platforms with mixed results. I've cleared my cache on all three too just in case it was me.

Another issue I have is when I go into the site via my Google browser it brings up  a different format, all larger red and black boxes rather than the normal forum view. There is a button top right which should allow me to press it and ask to see New posts since my last visit, but it doesn't function. I have to go into the topic that was live for me last time and then go back in the thread which then brings me back to the normal board. Not sure if that's me, because it only does it on my iPad?

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations