Server Response Times

Started by Yet_Another, February 22, 2021, 05:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamB

Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

ntpntpntp

Noticed it's been struggling a bit the last two or three days.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Yet_Another

Yes, I've had a number of 20 second waits over the last few days.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

As Anton du Beke would say "Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow"
(But mainly slow)

Tank

Checking it out now.  Sorry!

Yet_Another

Just had 32, 54, 38, 71 second query times while browsing the Real Railway Discussion section, from approx 11:00-11:04.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

dannyboy

We need some more money in the meter - the forum, for the last 15/20 minutes, has been that slow it is almost going backwards! I have just tried searching for a topic and eventually got this message -

Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

@Tank
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Fardap

Quote from: dannyboy on May 08, 2021, 11:08:49 AM
We need some more money in the meter

Handily there is a donation pot top right of the forum page where we can all pop some money in the meter  ;)

It is slow and the time from clicking NEW on a post for the page to load is slow but once loaded is okay scrolling that page, then repeat for next page. It may be the interweb connection at the server rather than specifically the server but either will still cause an issue either way.

Bealman

Yes, happening here in Australia, too.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Strangely it's quite decent speed for me this morning

Bealman

Maybe it's me being full of pizza and beer in Mollymook golf club  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

It was very slow 2o minutes ago but not at all bad now.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Yet_Another

Quote from: Fardap on May 08, 2021, 11:18:22 AM
It may be the interweb connection at the server rather than specifically the server but either will still cause an issue either way.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is some diagnostic information, including a line like this:

Page created in 4.842 seconds with 23 queries.

Those times in seconds that I've just reported are from that diagnostic info. It is the length of time that the server takes to satisfy the queries required to build the page before it's transmitted, and implies that the server is being overloaded.
Tony

Newportnobby

Now showing........Page created in 0.421 seconds with 50 queries.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations