Posting issues when using an Android Tablet

Started by N_GaugeModeller, February 09, 2021, 07:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi

I keep having issues with the forum when using my Android Tablet

When typing either s new post or reply to a post the page often locks up, and sometimes I can keep typing but what I type does not show, if I click preview, what I had been unable to see is then shown and I can add more, but I have to keep pressing preview or it just locks up again and sometimes the page just locks and nothing but a reset works.

It took ages to type this with all the pickups.

I am using Chrome and don't have this issue on my Android phone or PC all using Chrome.

Any thoughts as to why I get this issue on my Tablet.

Thanks

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

PLD

Never any problems with this forum, but had similar with another forum (uses different software) on my previous Tablet (an early Samsung c2013/4). The inbuilt browser then was a cut down version of Chrome not the full version.

My solution at the time was FireFox.

N_GaugeModeller

Just dumped Chrome and gone over to using Edge (Bizarrely a Chrome based browser) and the problem seems to have gone away.

Will be keeping a close eye on it though.

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations