Too busy?

Started by Newportnobby, June 03, 2020, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I've noticed no appreciable difference in the speed of this site as compared to the Internet as a whole. I use the Internet for a few hours a day for a variety of tasks and it's been sluggish for the past year - even before the Covid pandemic. It's remarkable to me that there haven't been significant crashes of entire regions of the Internet. This technology is just incredibly complex!

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

bvm

Definitely been a problem over the past week, sometimes taking 20 seconds for a page to load. Slightly better this morning.
I have high speed fibre connection and all my other sites are fine.

Tank

I've cleared the forum cache again, but the forum, due to having a lot of add-ons over the years does get sluggish from time to time.  I'm waiting for a new upgrade from Simple Machines which has been under test for many months.  Then, an expensive upgrade!

Papyrus

Eyup, the forum is suddenly taking ages to refresh, and it has already timed out on me once. Is anyone else experiencing this, or do I just need to talk nicely to my laptop?

Cheers,

Chris

joe cassidy

Me too, and my laptop is brand new?

crewearpley40

Little slow working off a phone but patience required. Wondering here if people working off home, children, students etc being home, sheer volume of traffic on masts etc
Just happy being patient

JBQFC

been slow for me all day also timed out twice

John

bvm

Just wanted to acknowledge that the performance of the Forum has been significantly improved over the last week or so.

Thank you to those involved in fixing it.
Brian

Tank

Thanks for the feedback.  It has a mind of its own at times! :D

DarrwestLU6

Yes agreed, response times much faster in March!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Newportnobby

PM system and N'Porium system very turgid today, yet everything else relatively OK :confused2:

Malc

Forum has high demand and can't show unread posts. Had this several times, also couldn't open a post. Then it picked up. This was around 15:00, if there any server logs.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Nbodger

Been very slow in general today loading pages, however, no timeouts and all tasks eventually performed

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations