Internet problems

Started by austinbob, July 20, 2016, 10:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

I seem to be having problems connecting to some internet sites. Some have no access, others intermittent access and some have no problem at all.
Pretty sure its not my kit causing a problem.

Anyone else know if there is a problem somewhere?
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bealman

Seems ok here, Bob. I'm  on phone and accessing everything  no probs.  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Stuart B

Been having some problems too

austinbob

Quote from: Bealman on July 20, 2016, 10:45:09 AM
Seems ok here, Bob. I'm  on phone and accessing everything  no probs.  :hmmm:
Perhaps its a UK thing cos of the heat. We've got buckled rails and all sorts of problems here. Looks like our designers don't expect UK temperatures to get above 20 degs. (Which it doesn't most of the time!!)
:no:  :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Tank

Same here with BT.  Only happened this morning and we thought it was due to the BT engineer outside.  However, we unplugged the routers, left for a minute and plugged in again.....all good.

Thorpe Parva

I have been having Internet problems all morning. I use BT Broadband & the explanation might be found here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36844712

Bealman

austinbob

Quote from: Thorpe Parva on July 20, 2016, 10:52:35 AM
I have been having Internet problems all morning. I use BT Broadband & the explanation might be found here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36844712
That could be the problem then. I'm on BT broadband also. Guess I'll just have to wait till its solved.
Pity really - I wanted to check my online bank account to see if I've got enough cash for another Schools loco!! :) :beers:

Bob Austin

Bealman

austinbob

More info about the BT broadband issues here
https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

Looks like the fault isn't gonna be fixed until Friday for my telephone area (01252)

Hey Ho!!!  :worried: :hmmm:

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on July 20, 2016, 10:56:55 AMI wanted to check my online bank account to see if I've got enough cash for another Schools loco!!
Well wadda ya know - Halifax login is broke as well. http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/halifax
:help:

Bob Austin

daveg

BT! Ugh!

We changed ASAP after being without a service for more than 2 weeks due to someone not pushing the correct button at a local exchange. Open Retch and the phone lot couldn't agree who should press it.

Currently we are having a lot of timed out aggro with all sorts of websites but those that are bookmarked seem OK.

I'm told that it has something to do with the weather. Why didn't I think of that!  :-X

Dave G

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on July 20, 2016, 10:56:55 AMI wanted to check my online bank account to see if I've got enough cash for another Schools loco!! :) :beers:
Halifax online is back up and,,, guess what - not enough cash for another Schools  :drool: - its a hard life innit! :doh:

Bob Austin

trkilliman

I'm with B.T. and had problems connecting to this forum around 0800, but all o.k. now. 

Pengi

Internet painfully slow earlier but back up to speed now - bit like some trains :D
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations