Stock database?

Started by kirky, December 17, 2011, 04:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linuxyeti

And for those that like to be a little less restricted OS wise, I started work on my own database today. It's a LibreOffice Base database, so will run on any platform that libreoffice will run on, which will include Linux, Mac as well as Windows.

As I've only started it today, it's likely to be a few more days before it's completed. I'll post on here again when it's ready to be downloaded.

Cheers

Tony

CarriageShed

Quick, Dave. Publish now before the competition is ready!  ;)

DCCDave

Quote from: Pete33 on May 20, 2013, 07:32:30 PM
Quick, Dave. Publish now before the competition is ready!  ;)

Nothing wrong with healthy competition  ;)

Cheers
Dave

linuxyeti

ha :-)

Not really competition, but as I don't use Windows, it's easier to make my own. It's not really a complicated database.

Cheers

Tony

linuxyeti

Hi All

Well, I've made progress, and run what I've got working by my brother, who models rail slightly differently to me, ie sound etc...

Anyhow the gist is, you can maintain your own lists of :

Manufacturers
Era list
Livery / Era lists
Scales
Stock Type (eg, Diesel Locomotive)
Stock Class (eg Class 47)
DCC Decoders
Model Types (eg RTR)

You are able Set defaults for Scale. Manufacturer, Livery/Era , Model Type

These lists and default values are all used when filling out your 'Stock Record'

Speaking of the Stock record.

This will comprise of
Scale
Manufacturer
Catalogue Number (eg 371-253)
Model Type (eg RTR..)
Class (Eg Class 47, Mark 3 ...)
Number Carried (Eg 47401)
Name (Eg Queen Mother)
Photo
Livery
DCC Fitted (Simply A check Box)
DCC ID (Ie the DCC number given to that loco)
DCC Chip (Eg Hornby R8249)
DCC Fitting Type (Eg 6 Pin plug, Hard Wired)
Sound Fitted (Simply a check box)
Boxed (Simply a check box)
Date Purchased
Date Last Run

Also ... A maintainaince log
Comprising of :

Maintainance Date
Maintanance carried out

Now before I carry on and tidy everything up, and create some printable reports is there anything else anybody would like added, and if I can I will add it.

Cheers

Tony

EtchedPixels

Looks pretty comprehensive to me

I keep "purchased from" info and perhaps a "notes" field would also be useful for anything else ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

trainsdownunder

A Function list section would be great, but that could easily be just an added note section.

linuxyeti

Hi All

The supplier list is now included, there is a Notes field already, forgot to mention that one. The function list I'll have a tink about, may make that a subform similar to the maintainance log subform.

Cheers

Tony

linuxyeti

Hi All

A little more progress, also though of another option, you will also be able to set an anitem as a limited editiion (checkbox) and also add in a certificate number.

I'm hoping it will be fully ready for use by early next week.

Cheers

Tony

linuxyeti

Hi All

As I said, it's progressing quite well, still on course to be ready next week. here's a screenshot of the main stock record screen, as it currently stands, there may well be the odd tweak hear and there.

daveg

Looking good, Tony.

Like the last run and maintenance info slots.

I have included a Purchase Price in my xls. Not super-important perhaps but it helps me keep an eye on value for insurance purposes and of course, scaring the pants off me!

Dave G

linuxyeti

Hi Dave

I was thinking of adding that as well, so I may well add that in as well, still time to do :-)

Cheers

Tony

trainsdownunder

If adding Purchase price, could you please add "source" as well. Although I think 95% of mine will read eBay.

Thanks

linuxyeti

Hi

That field is already there, except I called it Supplier :-), see I did think of some things !! ha !

Cheers

Tony

trainsdownunder

Quote from: linuxyeti on May 27, 2013, 08:23:27 AM
Hi

That field is already there, except I called it Supplier :-), see I did think of some things !! ha !

Cheers

Tony

I'll get me coat  :headbutt:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations