Samsung phone problem

Started by Papyrus, February 13, 2021, 08:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

:helpneededsign:

Does anybody have experience/knowledge of Samsung phones, specifically the S8?

My wife's phone has developed an irritating fault, since the last software upgrade, we think. The notification bar across the top has spurious figures and symbols superimposed over the normal information, like this:

However, when you drag the bar down to access the other apps, the extra information disappears, and the notification bar appears as it should:

My phone is an earlier version, the S6, which no longer gets upgrades, and this fault has not appeared. Does anybody know what is happening and, more to the point, what can be done about it? In other times we would march down to the O2 shop and play the dim pensioner card, but that ain't possible at present, of course.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Chris

CliveB

I can reproduce an effect like this by selecting a screenshot taken on the phone for use as the home screen wallpaper (and not selecting any 'motion effect' option or zooming in at all when setting it up).
Then it seems the original icons from when it was captured are there at the top.
CliveB

Papyrus

@CliveB you are a star!

Blanche has edited the screenshot and the problem has disappeared. She says she would give you big kisses if it was currently allowed.

Best wishes,

Chris

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations