Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 23, 2020, 01:36:52 PM
Having recently upgraded my BT package to Halo2 (not the high altitude low opening sort) and getting it (very) slightly cheaper than the previous package I thought I could fit the new router myself but struggled as one wire was missing and the WAN lead didn't fit. I arranged a Home Help visit this lunchtime (free). Chap named Simon rocked up, sorted everything out, made sure everything was working and that was that. Absolutely painless.
Well done, BT. Praise where it's due :claphappy:

Having just this second got off the phone most irate at the utter uselessness of an IT support desk....I am inclined to paraphrase one Basil Fawlty:

"An IT bod who knows what he is doing, we should have him stuffed"

Skyline2uk

guest311

ordered a couple pf pairs of combats off flea-bay for walking HB [well the leg pockets are useful for the poo bags, leaving both hands free to deal with him], with the following results...

ordered :21st
despatched / scanned into RM system : 22nd
arrived : 23rd.

and as an added bonus, instead of those silly little belt loops, they have proper sized ones, so I can now use my stable belt  :bounce:

faith in both flea-bay sellers and RM restored after some recent experiences.

Papyrus

Yesterday, I finally achieved something. After 45 years as a blood donor I have reached my 100th donation. It's been a bit difficult these last few years keeping my haemoglobin levels up sufficiently, so I have decided now is the time to stop. As a serial under-achiever I can add this to gaining my BSc (Hons) as one of the few things I can feel proud of.

Cheers,

Chris

railsquid

I'd happily donate my blood, haemogoblins and all, but no-one will take it because I lived in the wrong country during the 1980s... And it's been years since I jumped over the moon.

Newportnobby

Not sure mine is doing me any good, let alone someone else - but good on yer, Chris :claphappy:

stevewalker

Blood donation is something that I should look at again.

I attended sessions at my workplace some years ago and there were also evening sessions close to home. Then the workplace sessions stopped and all the "local" sessions became appointment only and only during office hours - so I gave up.

At another workplace, they arranged workplace sessions again and I went along, only to be told that as I'd had Pulmonary Sarcoidosis, I wasn't allowed to donate for 5 to 7 years. That time has now elapsed, but my current workplace rarely does sessions and even those are at another site.

dannyboy

I used to give blood when I lived in the UK. When we moved to Ireland, I was told I could not donate as I had lived in the UK during the 'mad cow disease' era and had to wait (?) years. Now I can not donate as I have not donated in the last ten years and I will be too old in a few months anyway - due to Covid-19, any one over the age of 70 is not allowed to donate.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

JBQFC

well i am very happy today i have done my first bit of modelling since October 2018
so hoping my health stays good and i can get through the back log

John

dannyboy

Nice to hear John. Keep healthy and don't rush the back log - it will always be there, your health might not be if you go rushing about.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

JBQFC

Quote from: dannyboy on September 25, 2020, 05:45:58 PM
Nice to hear John. Keep healthy and don't rush the back log - it will always be there, your health might not be if you go rushing about.  :beers:

Thanks i don't rust anything these days by the time i am done at work (key worker so worked through lockdown) the colitis leaves with very little energy to do much else
but the new meds seem to be working well letting me get good sleep witch is something i have not had for a long time

John

jpendle

It's that time of year again.

Big (4.6lb) tins of Walkers Shortbread at our local Costco for $20, a small (5.3oz) pack at the local supermarket is $5, to save everyone grabbing a calculator, that's a LOT cheaper  :D

Course by this time next week my trousers won't fit :helpneededsign:

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

themadhippy

QuoteCourse by this time next week my trousers won't fit :helpneededsign:
you've saved $50 ,new pair of trousers say $10, so your still $40  and a new pair of trousers up on the deal
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

railsquid

So, over the past couple of years I have become increasingly unsatisfied with my current job. The current company is a great one to work for in general, but there are some organisational issues and I'm stuck in a bit of a dead end for various reasons, and have recently started looking for alternatives. Then out of the blue it was announced last week the company is being sold to its biggest competitor, which in my case is a plus as it neatly resolves most of the existing issues and gets me out of my little dead end while staying in the same very specific industry, plus I get my existing working conditions grandfathered in, and the minuscule amount of stock I have in the current company gets translated to a rather nice little lump sum which should keep me in N gauge toys for a while. :D

Bealman

Sounds cool to me.... I think!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations