Lighting Issues on Dapol Pacers

Started by Adam1701D, February 15, 2020, 09:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

I'm having a clear out of some models in preparation for the Spain move and have set up a small test track to give them the once-over. There are quite a few that I purchased for Electra development work and have not actually been run. Unfortunately, the results were a little disapointing.

Dapol Pacer 1 - this was a Tyne and Wear Yellow example, repainted and vinyled in Provincial Blue. I had done some playing around with a black marker pen to hide some of the exposed contacts in the motor coach. The unit runs really well but there are no lights in the trailer coach. Upon further inspection the trailer is electrically dead and does not pick up at all. All contacts and wires appear intact.

Dapol Pacer 2: Regional Railways - no lights in power car - wire disconnected from connector plug jumper. Trailer car pickups and light are fine and it is a very sweet runner indeed. Is this fixable at all (bearing in mind I have sausage fingers)?

It's not all bad news - I have three motorised 156s, which are all fine apart from one set with a dropsy bogie. A Farish 150/1 also tested perfectly. I may keep this as an EMU chassis for my NSE AC Fleet.

And for balance, I also have tested a Farish new-type weathered 25 and that has no headcode lights in one direction - the LED appears to be missing!

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Bob Tidbury

Send them to Onlyme of this parish he is the man for Dapol lighting repairs ,he rebuilds the circuit boards with higher quality components .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations