what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohlavache

The Q

On the N gauge layout tonight at the MRC I will be,
Doing a little more scenery changes in "white" :no: (See the tiree thread)
More work on rebuilding a viaduct. :no:
Telling the New Border Collie that he is not to bark at other members when they arrive, the club house isn't his... :-[

I prefer the steam period as I can Just remember it  :'(, this layout is being set, around 1963ish For non railway reasons, i.e. it will feature a radar I worked on  :no: and that model was first built about then.
That radar is now part of a museum....... :worried:

paulprice

Im trying to apply numbers and final lining to 3 locomotives :( not going well

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: The Q on September 15, 2017, 08:24:32 AM
Telling the New Border Collie that he is not to bark at other members when they arrive, the club house isn't his... :-[

Not sure what the timescale is for success in that department, but it's at least 12 years if my 2 are typical ::)

The Q

We've had 1 Border Collie before so we know, they KNOW they are more intelligent than Humans We've also had 5 Rough Collies but once we had Duke the Border, the Roughs as they came along just followed what Duke did.

This Border however is a 6 year old Rescue dog and his main fault is he appear to have never been lead trained. but we are getting there...

Philip.

going to test my model making skills and have a go at the freebee Weighbridge/Coal Office from Scalescenes prior to buying some of their other stuff  :)

Candy Apple Head

Finally found some time to get back into my layout recently after working on our new house for over a year.

I did some weathering to my 8F and also started to put decals on my PECO wagons as well as weathering them. Quite pleased with the results so far.

paulprice

Quote from: Candy Apple Head on September 20, 2017, 04:01:25 PM
Finally found some time to get back into my layout recently after working on our new house for over a year.

I did some weathering to my 8F and also started to put decals on my PECO wagons as well as weathering them. Quite pleased with the results so far.

Looks brilliant do you have a thread for your layout

Candy Apple Head

Quote from: paulprice on September 20, 2017, 06:23:25 PM
Quote from: Candy Apple Head on September 20, 2017, 04:01:25 PM

Looks brilliant do you have a thread for your layout

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=21443.msg219374#msg219374

Cheers. This is my thread, but it's not much use I'm afraid as all my photos were on Photobucket and they don't allow third party hosting any more without stumping up money. I'll try and add some new photos by uploading them direct.

tutenkhamunsleeping

MinZaPint

Well over the last few weeks I've been working on my cassette storage, first was the cassettes made from cable trunking to put in the previously shown storage rack that a pal made for me

Then to make the loading shelf that you can see at the top with hinged leg for stowage when not in use and before anybody mentions it the cassette rack will be moved before the heating comes on!

The clip part of one cassette was used to make a set up and loading facility, assembled trains being run onto the layout and reversed into a cassette. You can also see the connecting arrangement and my crude electrical connection!

Cassette lined up, the connection works very well I'm pleased to report

my means of securing trains in the cassettes, bits of the inserts from stock boxes

and finally loaded cassettes with QD retainers to prevent accidental spillage

Now to see if I can get the hang of the Easi shunts and rare earth magnets, as I recall Karhedron wrote a very useful post with helpful pics.

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

texhorse

Hi all

I was recommended to buy a graphite stick from an art shop.  They are used for drawing and sketching, but the graphite is also a conductor of electricity.  I got one, and gently ran it along all the tracks of Blue Haven yard this evening.  The locos now run at setting 1 or 2 on DCC on all the track and the switches, without stalling! 

You are supposed to clean the track before rubbing the graphite stick along it, but even on the bits I forgot to clean first, 100%, well 99% perfection!  I'm on top of the world!

Also, I installed the decoder in 1065 Savannah and Atlanta, resoldered a feed to a Blue Haven siding, and replaced two faulty lamps in the yard!  A very profitable two hours with the Montrose and Highland Railroad!

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Newportnobby

Quote from: MinZaPint on September 30, 2017, 05:45:29 PM
Well over the last few weeks I've been working on my cassette storage crude electrical connection!

Looks good, David and if it works that's great too. I'm certainly a member of the Keep It Simple School.

Quote from: texhorse on September 30, 2017, 07:39:20 PM
I was recommended to buy a graphite stick from an art shop.

Looks like I might have to indulge. Has anyone got adverse comments about said graphite sticks?

GScaleBruce

Having decided to run a train, as you do, I've just dropped a loco from a great height onto a solid wood floor. Body went one way, chassis another, one bogie in several parts in sundry other directions, couplings vanished. At the first attempt, it didn't work when I re-assembled it, but in a testament to German engineering - it's a new-ish Minitrix locomotive - it's come back to life. After a search, all I appear to have lost are two step boards from one end. Had to re-glue in some glazing bars, but they were something I'd added anyway, so we'll blame my feeble attempts at gluing it in the first place. Phew.
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

daveg

Glad you got the loco running again, Bruce.  :thumbsup:

I've just had a huge tidy-up in the railway room. The result of that will be I won't be able to find anything:doh:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations