2022 is here

Started by Newportnobby, January 01, 2022, 08:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

So 2022 is here. Welcome one and all. The pandemic will affect us for this year at least, I suspect, so what can we hope for? World peace and an improvement in @dannyboy  jokes/groaners are probably beyond our abilities in our model railway world but maybe we'll get some exciting announcements of new models and (hopefully) appearances of some long ago announced models.
After all, we all need some............

Frothing is good for us.
It gets us excited.
It makes us happy.
It makes our wallets unhappy.

But to hell with food and other such luxuries necessities. If the right thing comes along we'll grab at it and say "2022 was a good year for me"

Happy New Year. Have a good one.

crewearpley40

Happy new year. Happy modelling. And indeed stay safe.

exmouthcraig

Nicely philosophical there Mick  :claphappy:

But never a truer word written, as for Dannyboy, may the good Lord of brought him a new cracker joke book this Christmas, mind you if that's one of the few less good things we drag with us out of 2021 it wont be all that bad  :smiley-laughing:

One thing we all know but dealing with Covid has taught us is that life is precious and cruelly snatched away from plenty far too soon, so the wallets may scream but the joy that latest item on your own layout brings must surely drown that out!!!

HAPPY 2022 to the forum, may it bring health and happiness to us all!!,

:beers:

Bob Tidbury

HAPPY NEW YEAR  TO ALL MY  FRIENDS ON THIS FRIENDLY FORUM .
AND TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE VISITED ME BEFORE i hope you will visit again,and if any of you would like to visit just PM me and we will see what this years rules and restrictions will allow .
THANKYOU  TO TANK  AND ALL THE MODS FOR MAKING THIS SUCH A GREAT FORUM  YOU HAVE BEEN DOING A TERRIFIC JOB OVER THE YEARS AND LONG MAY YOU CONTINUE.
                 :thankyousign:     :NGaugersRule:    :NGF:     :beers:   
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 01, 2022, 09:07:10 AM
HAPPY 2022 to the forum, may it bring health and happiness to us all!!,

@exmouthcraig
I see 'wealth' didn't get a look in, Craig :'(
That's possibly as I have so much on pre order :-[

port perran

Happy New Year to all fellow Forumites.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

javlinfaw7

To all on the forum in the words of a traditional Scottish song .

A guid new year to ane an' a' an' mony may ye see.

zwilnik

Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to 'finishing' my main layout this year. ie getting to a point where I can play trains on it without noticing something I have to do :)

mk1gtstu

Happy new year to all!  :beers:

Cheers, Stu
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

paulbeckwith

happy  new  year   to   one  and  all

may  we  hope  for  nice  things  this  year  ....  health  and  trains

all   the  best       paul

Skyline2uk

Happy New Year all

I have been a lot less active on here this year, and I haven't actually been able to do any modelling for some months now.

This is due to the Skyline household moving to a much nicer house.

Said house was then redecorated more or less top to bottom (and had its loft boarded).

That all being said, I now have a dedicated train room. With a following wind this will be set up in the 1st quarter of this year.

I also have my biggest ever backlog of orders, the vast majority with Revolution Trains, to act as an incentive to get the room ready.

Considering this time last year I was only just getting over the threat of loosing my job, as hard as 2021 was, things are getting better.

As for froth...

With the announcement of the Class 59s there isn't really another loco I would like to be made RTR. There is a few bits of stock I would like to see, but the fun will be being surprised by things I didn't even know I wanted!

Stay happy and safe all

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Due to numerous requests and obvious public approval and satisfaction since I started the 'Groaners' thread almost three years ago, I am very pleased to inform my esteemed friends and fellow forumites that, contrary to popular belief, the 'Groaners' thread is not being consigned to that railway scrapyard in Barry. In fact, between you and me, and I am only working with hearsay you understand, I believe the thread will be even better in 2022 than it has been previously.  **

:claphappy:

(And, to save numerous forumites rushing to their keyboards and possibly overloading the newly revamped forum and spoiling all the efforts of Tank and the others involved - yes, I know, ** that is not going to be difficult to achieve.  :)))

Happy New Year to one and all.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 01, 2022, 12:35:19 PM
That all being said, I now have a dedicated train room. With a following wind this will be set up in the 1st quarter of this year.

@Skyline2uk
Should we be setting up an NGF collection point for all the leftover brussel sprouts from Chrimble?

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 01, 2022, 12:45:33 PM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 01, 2022, 12:35:19 PM

@Skyline2uk
Should we be setting up an NGF collection point for all the leftover brussel sprouts from Chrimble?

:laughabovepost:

Judging by the amount of ordinance let off in the Bristol area last night, nobody would notice if I became a bit more "explosive"  :o :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Firstone18

:NGaugersRule:
Happy New Year to all forum members
As many have said, I really, really, hope for a better year in 2022; if we need to wear masks when out and about and in enclosed places like pubs, restaurants, theatres, etc. then I am happy to do so. If this means we can travel to all the wonderful places England and the rest of the UK has to offer, particularly if near to a preserved railway, then mask wearing is a small inconvenience. We need to be able to visit all the various charity based organizations in order to ensure they continue to exist and preserve our heritage.
Wishing everyone all the best, and great thanks to the organizers of the NGF 10 wagon, and the NGS Hunslet - I am eagerly looking forward to receiving my white BP livery loco!
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations