GWR O.13 Milk Brake

Started by EtchedPixels, March 01, 2013, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: GrahamB on March 05, 2013, 08:37:19 AM
Website off line?

Well its online but having some domain name problems. Looks like our provider for some reason didn't secondary the Ultima domains and the main server for them has gone kerplop.

Should all be back in a bit - just need to investigate why it didn't have a working secondary.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

GrahamB

All working fine now.

Decided to go for two  :thankyousign:
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

GerryB

Thanks Alan, order placed for two kits.  :thankyousign:

Gerry

Tim E

Order placed with Decal interest.  Will the BR and departmental decals be done as well as the GWR ones? 

Caz

I've never made a coach or truck before but this looks so cute I might have a go, especially as I've got the Dapol club Class 22 and milk tanks on order, would it be wrong to have it on the back?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

Quote from: whiteswan on March 05, 2013, 07:26:15 PM
I've never made a coach or truck before but this looks so cute I might have a go, especially as I've got the Dapol club Class 22 and milk tanks on order, would it be wrong to have it on the back?

For the tanks I believe it would be within period for the class 22 probably wrong, except in departmental usage.  Put a kettle on them ;)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

Yay we have enough orders.

3D printed shell

Next stop the etches.

Alan

EtchedPixels

Test etch artwork for the brake mostly done. Still have the trussing and V hangars to attend to. Having peered at photographs a lot it seems either 1399 always had less handrails than 1397 or the SVR missed some when restoring it. Hard to tell which.

It would be useful if anyone has or knows of images of the guard end of 1397. 1399 has a strange mix of ends - one with decorative work and steps, the other a later plain metal style. I know the non guard end of 1397 and 1399 match but I'm wary of assuming that for the other end in case it was a repair or an oddity.

Alan

EtchedPixels

and as a PS - internet and name problems not entirely sorted. I'm hoping it will get soon but if it all disappears again don't panic (leave the running around screaming to me 8))

Latest on this is apparently that the ISP hosting the name server had the cabinet power go, including it seems taking out the machine PSU.

cycletrak9

We used to have a milk break at school but it was for the U.10's not the O.13's because we had to change schools when we were 11. Eventually Margaret Thatcher decided it was a bad thing and stopped it.

EtchedPixels

Ok we will probably vanish from the net until Monday at some point. The name server saga continues having gone through couriers failing to delivery power supplies (alleging nobody present - at a site with 24hr security staff on the door !), delivering it late and then finding the replacement PSU appears faulty.

Contingency plans in place but won't take effect until Monday.

In the mean time I'll have a quiet afternoon cheering for Italy  :beers:

Alan

ToothFairy

:sorrysign: Been away from the forum for a few days, so I'm a bit late, but I've just ordered (with an interest in decals).

- Michael

AC

Noticed this thread the other day and just registered on the forums so I could post.

I think I'd be interested in getting one of these, but don't have any experience with etched brass. Before I pre-order one, I'd just like to ask; would the overlays be fairly easy to attach for a beginner? I assume I'd have to shape the side overlays to fit the curve below the window line.
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

EtchedPixels

Quote from: AC on March 11, 2013, 09:57:53 PM
Noticed this thread the other day and just registered on the forums so I could post.

I think I'd be interested in getting one of these, but don't have any experience with etched brass. Before I pre-order one, I'd just like to ask; would the overlays be fairly easy to attach for a beginner? I assume I'd have to shape the side overlays to fit the curve below the window line.

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible - no solder bits and to make the bending as simple as possible. You are correct that the ends and sides need curving a little before gluing them on. You may also be able to find someone who will build them to order - I don't know.

Alan

GrahamB

I like easy  :claphappy:

Thinking about the chassis, what is the difference in length between the Farish 4 wheel carriage and the brake vans (SR perhaps)? It looks like the price of the 4 wheelers has gone through the roof on "that" auction site.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations