And so it begins...

Started by tim-pelican, December 26, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

Quote from: tim-pelican on December 27, 2011, 10:30:08 PM
OK, now I feel stupid  :-[

There's no mention on the data sheet, and I couldn't see any when I took it apart to re-seat the decoder.  Definitely on the list to try tomorrow!
Don't worry ! When I started with DCC, I was randomly pressing buttons for ages try to do various things... Practice makes perfect  ;D - I'm supprised the Farish instructions didn't mention the lights, try their website www.grahamfarish.co.uk for more info.  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

polo2k

370-060 Digital Commuter Set
11 sec in.

Press button 10 when the loco is selected to turn them on
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

tim-pelican

Thanks everyone for the pointers - turned the lights on this evening :)  Directional as well.  Colour me impressed, I thought this sort of thing might just be possible for a skilled modeller armed with a soldering iron - I didn't expect it out of the box from a "starter" set.  I've been sat in the conservatory in the dark - my wife thinks I've finally lost the plot ;)

4x2

Glad to see you sussed it !  :thumbsup:

You watching trains in the dark will be the least of her worries.... Wait till you start doing the scenery !!!  :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Mustermark

Quote from: tim-pelican on December 28, 2011, 11:31:07 PM
I've been sat in the conservatory in the dark - my wife thinks I've finally lost the plot ;)

:smiley-laughing: Mine too. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations