Raised baseboard by bathlift

Started by Brenda, January 07, 2013, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenda

Hi John,
The base of the unit which is made out of steel rod is about 50cm by 12cms, I asked my car mechanic to drill holes in this part so I can secure it with nuts and bolts to the frame attached to the baseboard. This I'll do once I have sorted the lid issue out just incase I have to remove the baseboard. (which by the way is 12mm ply.
At the moment the cat can land on either end when its fully raised and it doesn't move.. so I hope it should be ok when finished.
Thank you for your interest
Brenda
B.

Southernboy

Absolutely ingenious Brenda - I'm most impressed - and very well executed the work is too. You're definitely off to a solid start!

Please keep us posted as you progress :)

dch05

:) That's the spirit that built an empire!!!  If you come across a situation where you need  points that can't be on the raised board, I suggest using surface-mounted point motors and extended tie bars to reach them - all hidden in scenery or buildings.  I've used this for a 4" distance and think longer can be possible.  Wiring points under boards is just too much for real oldies like me!

painbrook

Brenda, you seem to have everything thought of :thumbsup:. By the by have you got a video diary on the go :D. Cheers john.

Huntlyian

Brenda that is a stunning solution

I too am disabled with a shot back among other probs, I built my layout on "stilts" to  get it to a reasonable height. I wish I'd had not only your imagination but also your mechanical skills in assembling all these myriad parts.

Brilliant, I am so impressed and should I ever be bonkers enough to start another layout I shall have to seriously think of doing something similar

Congrats  Huntlyian  :claphappy:

painbrook

Forgive me Brenda but i'm wondering how you are getting along?. Cheers john.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations