The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: scotsoft on April 26, 2012, 10:59:22 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 26, 2012, 10:50:11 AM
:smiley-laughing:  A ZBD

...and he said "Time for bed"

I wonder who will remember this classic?

Or the other classic it gave rise too

jasper carrot magic roundabout
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Joe 90

Wasn't that on the 'B' side of Funky Moped?

EddieA

It indeed was, and I think I still have the original single somewhere in my collection.

OK that's any street cred I had on here firmly out of the window :smiley-laughing: 
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

longbridge

One thing after another no wonder a bloke is turning into a raving nut.

Now my Daughter has Addisons Disease and has to stay on Steroids for the rest of her life, she also has to wear a tag on a chain around her neck and carry a syringe with steroids in it just in case she has an attack which could prove fatal unless she gets to hospital to get a certain hormone balanced, only 1 to 6 in 100,000 people get this disease and it had to happen to this beautiful young woman.

I dunno sometimes I think these things are sent to test us.

Why am I mad, it takes years for Addisons Disease to really take hold as the Adrenal Glands do not produce certain hormones including Adrenalin, she has been to many different doctors over the past few years and it has cost her thousands of dollars in tests to find out what has been wrong with her and no bugger knew, finally she went to a young Indian doctor who knew straight away what was wrong, to many quacks making money out of people these days.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Jeez Dave - I am really sorry to hear this news about your daughter and the events leading up to the diagnosis. It seems everyone I talk to has a grievance with medical services (regardless of country).
Please pass on my very best wishes to her :wave:

Lawrence

and I thought your year couldn't get any worse Dave, it probably wont help much but give her lots of hugs from Scotland for me

Mustermark

So sorry to hear that Dave. I'm not sure i've got too much wisdom to comfort you.

My ex-wife has it, and, as if it was even vaguely relevant or reassuring, as far as I am aware hasn't caused her any problems. I also believe JFK had it, and I'm pretty sure wasn't what finished him off!

I think it is manageable in the way you described and the main thing is to be sure to carry the rescue meds in case of what i think they call a 'crisis'.

Very upsetting news for you all.  I hope she gets the right care from now on.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

longbridge

Thanks lads and thank you Mark its reassuring to hear from someone that knows someone with the same thing.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

One feed wire left to solder and then all the droppers/feeds are done for Snow Hill.

One .. because with just one wire left to solder my soldering iron has committed suicide. Grrr, although it's given me around 20 years loyal service so perhaps thats not too bad.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

hairygit

Not Happy! Having to start dismantling my layout due to our landlord being a sneaky bit of work. In the recent heavy rain we have had water pouring into our kitchen through the cob wall, and it has spread and soaked the living room carpet as well. It stinks of damp and mould, our landlord lives in Spain and basically said "if you don't like it, leave!". >:( Environmental health has declared it unfit for human habitation, so we have to move out, only place we could find locally has 2 less rooms, so no space for my layout :'(, so just as I'd finished laying all my track, I have to dismantle it all, with no prospect of being able to use it in the near future :'(
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

scotsoft

People like your landlord should have their property taken from them.  What a terrible situation to be in, I hope you keep looking for a bigger place to live.

Oldman

Quote from: scotsoft on May 04, 2012, 09:27:05 AM
People like your landlord should have their property taken from them.  What a terrible situation to be in, I hope you keep looking for a bigger place to live.

Agree fully, good luck.
As space is short how about a diorama to keep your skills in.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

moogle

Sorry to hear that. Just as you're getting somewhere on your layout too. Bummer!

As a tenant myself I've had no problems but a friend of mine has had many with hers.
Getting repairs done takes months if she's lucky and guess what, he lives in Spain too!

Want's the money coming in but not going out is the impression I get.
Sounds like yours is a far worse version.  :thumbsdown:

I believe, could be wrong, that the only way those type of landlords can get their comeuppance is if its a listed building.
I think the local council can get a court order to force the landlord to make the repairs then.
I could be wrong as I say...
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear your news, and can only hope things improve for you sooner rather than later.
I also admire your restraint in only referring to the landlord as "a sneaky bit of work"

hairygit

I only kept my post civilised because we have some very young members!
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations