Peter Charles Fagg

Started by Malc, October 07, 2016, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I'm sorry to report that the forum has lost another member. Peter passed away at 12:15 today. He had gone downhill since DaveG and I visited the other week and was readmitted to the hospice at the weekend. His daughter was with him at the end. It's a sad loss as he was a thoroughly nice man, one I was proud to call a friend. I will post details of his funeral as and when.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Skyline2uk

A sad day.

I only had the pleasure of meeting Peter a couple of times at TINGS, but a warmer and more friendly man you could not hope to meet.

The hobby and the world has lost a real gentlemen.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Skyline2uk

Papyrus

Thank you for passing on the news, Malc. Going by Peter's last few posts, I guess many of us have been expecting this for some time.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I wish I had. I always made a point of reading his posts as they were invariably interesting and often included questions that nobody else thought of. I always had the feeling that, if I had known him, I would have liked him immensely.

I am sure his family will be making a collection in his memory. I for one would like to contribute. Would it be possible for the forum to set up a fund that we can pay into, so that we can make one, hopefully large and generous donation?

In the meantime, please pass on my condolences to his family.

Chris

Bob Tidbury

I only met Peter twice at TINGS but I PMd him a few times so I considered him a friend I Am sad that he has passed away and as Papyrus said I too would like to contribute a small amount if the Forum decides to start a fund ,and if Malc could pass on my condolences to his family I would be  greatfull.
Bob

Zogbert Splod

"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

silly moo

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter at TINGS in 2015. A thoroughly nice man. We will all miss him and his entertaining posts. My condolences to his family.

Newportnobby

I don't mind admitting to shedding a few tears at this unhappy news, especially as Peter was so kind in messaging me several times after my recent heart operation and made light of his own fatal illness :'(
I will never forget the rather large gentleman in khaki shorts, glasses, large hat and brown brogues who shook my hand vigorously at TINGS a couple of years ago ;D
My sincere condolences to Susan and the rest of Peter's family & friends.

R.I.P Good Sir

daveg

I'm sad at the news of our friend's passing.

He was a star here on the forum and I had the huge pleasure and privilege of getting to know him over the past few months.

We shall miss him.

Dave G

Malc

Re donations
It's a bit awkward at the moment as Susan is obviously upset. Although we have been expecting this for some time, it still comes as a shock. She is going to let me know about the funeral arrangements and I'll bring it up then.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Should a donation be a little difficult to administer, perhaps we could consider a 'PCF NGF' award of some sort?

Dave G

mk1gtstu

Very sad news  :(
I never got to meet him in person but had a few conversations with him on here.
He will be missed  :(

Stu.
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

painbrook

Amen to all the above. By the bye, what are the first three of  'PCF NGF' . john.

port perran

Such sad news. I didn't know Peter but he was such a gentleman.
Condolences to the family.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daveg

Quote from: painbrook on October 07, 2016, 04:39:25 PM
Amen to all the above. By the bye, what are the first three of  'PCF NGF' . john.

Peter Charles Fagg, John.  ;)

Dave G

Geoff

So sorry to hear about Peters passing he will be sadly missed.

Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations