SHAPEWAYS PRICE HIKE ON THE 30TH

Started by Snowwolflair, January 27, 2019, 03:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Snowwolflair

Quote from: njee20 on February 01, 2019, 12:57:50 PM
You charmer, you!

If I had written what i was actually thinking I would have called him a F*** idiot.  :D

Typical brain dead customer services, employed to deflect everything.

Snowwolflair

I have had a serious reply from Shapeways explaining their problem.

They are having trouble getting compatibility with their Floggle-Toggle-Box.   :goggleeyes:

I refer you to my previous post...................................... :D

Buzzard

Since we're now past the price increase date I've looked at a few items and without exception they've all gone down a little bit, which I guess is due to exchange rate fluctuations.

So no general increase yet.

Snowwolflair

This was posted on the shapeways internal forum last night

QuoteHi everyone, we have just finished concluded testing of the new code on our servers and are currently ready to begin deploying. Because it's end of the work day here and we don't want to risk any bugs overnight, we are going to flip the switch that will actually turn on the prices tomorrow morning at 9:30am EST. Thanks for your patience.

Snowwolflair

I finally got an answer from Shapeways.  Not ideal but at least they are acknowledging they have been s*****g us over with some of the new pricing but wont refund.

QuoteNo. This is not an error in the sense you are inquiring about. This is us tweaking our formula to improve it moving forwards.

Shapeways reserves the right to adjust it's formula and will always look to best serve the needs of our customers, our partners and our business by adjusting them from time to time. When that happens it will only impact future sales, not past sales

Doc Pye

In other words, they can do whatever they like with things and don't give a crap about correcting any errors...in fact, they don't make errors....sounds familiar...   :hmmm:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Doc Pye on February 05, 2019, 06:30:19 PM
In other words, they can do whatever they like with things and don't give a crap about correcting any errors...in fact, they don't make errors....sounds familiar...   :hmmm:

It's taken a week to get them to acknowledge the problem.  Lets see what the algorithm change brings in new prices.

Doc Pye

Prices will go up...that's for sure. Getting to the point of getting my own 3D printer...

Snowwolflair

I have two, a big scale extruder that is no use for modelling in N except for rough structures for buildings etc. and an MSLA which is perfect for small items with a great level of detail but only a 25mm by 50mm max build plate.

My next printer will be an MSLA with a print area of roughly A5 which will allow a Mk3 coach or a class 66 to be printed.  These printers will begin to become available later this year.  Its going to be worth the wait.

RailGooner

:hmmm: I'm not sure that the affect of the price hike warrantied the frenzied buying that it prompted - for me anyway. My order of Jan 29 came to a total of €156.72 (inc. VAT and P&P). Today that same order comes to a total of €179.93 (inc. VAT and P&P).

I'm not saying £20 is nothing, but I'd be getting a lot less grief from MBH if I'd spread that order out over the coming months and the £20 hike wouldn't have registered as much that way. :'(

Snowwolflair

It has all gone very quiet on the repricing of FUD.  Historic models are still priced at the old price and the new ones at the new price.

I wonder if the howls of anguish from the user community has had an effect and they have backed off.  I guess they can leave the situation as it stands which helps old designs as long as you don't "revise" your design.

Doc Pye

I think it is more a case that they haven't gotten around to do the old ones yet...it will come...greed always leads!

NTrain

From my point of view, it is not just the price rise for the material, there is also the three tier delivery charge system.

Pay through the nose to get it extra quick.
Pay and arm and a leg to get it fairly quick.
Or pay like we used to pay and take pot luck.

The funny thing being, that most of my recent orders have arrived very quickly indeed and I refuse to pay the extra. If I have to wait, I have to wait.

Bob G

Folks - I have decided to sell my Shapeways Ferry Vans and Wagon kits on EBay as they are stunning kits and to 1:148 but I have way too much in my gloat box to ever get around to these.
They are to British N scale 1:148 rather than 1:160 so that's even better news.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254138221968?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If you are interested, they are there for all to see. With a decent cost saving on new :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations