N'spirations12 - update

Started by H, July 16, 2013, 08:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deltic9001

Hi,

Purchased Friday afternoon, arrived Saturday morning - fantastic magazine and fantastic service.

Best Regards
Andy Hoskins
Falkirk
Best Regards,
Andy

Trev

Mine arrived very promptly end of last week and has already proved very useful as I model the LMS. 
Didn't know about the availability of the replacement tenders and had been wondering how I could improve to look of those on some of my locos.

Hope it isn't the last edition as modellers of the other big 4 would probably benefit from a similar edition aimed at them as would modern image modellers.

Thank you Grahame
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

upnick

Hi  Trev,   

More than   likely  my  copy is  in  a sorting office ready for delivery on Monday morning  Grahame  always sends out the  magazine promptly  superb  service   ;)     

Sure it wont be the last copy  of the magazine as it has grown from  strength to strength  looking at the  comments on  here  over  the  last  few issues,   &   rightfully so   about time  a magazine apart from  NGS   catered for N gauge  rather than   the bigger mags  only  giving limited space  in their publications.

Always found it a refreshing change to read the  subjects covered  informative  &  holding  interest from  a reliable source namely another modeller who  appies  logic to how we approach our hobby in  a very constructive manner.   

brbluewill

disappointed with some comments on here :-[ it has never came across as elitist to me and the layout comment is just laughable.what i like and enjoy as a layout will not be the same as other modellers so what defines a great layout will vary considerably to everyones taste
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

lionwing

Looking forward to receiving my first copy sometime  soon!

:beers:
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

red_death

Quote from: gwrwill on August 18, 2013, 05:32:22 PM
disappointed with some comments on here :-[ it has never came across as elitist to me and the layout comment is just laughable.what i like and enjoy as a layout will not be the same as other modellers so what defines a great layout will vary considerably to everyones taste

I completely agree.  There is a world of difference between Grahame's attempts to inspire people and drive ambition whilst also crucially showing people how to do things and the accusation of elitism.  :veryangry:

*Everyone* is entitled to model to the level and standard which they wish to achieve, all Grahame is trying to do is show people how relatively simple improvements can help transform things. The reality is we can *all* improve areas of our modelling provided we are open to new ideas, experimentation, practice and (where necessary) constructive criticism/comments. That isn't an attempt to belittle anyone, in fact it is the exact opposite ie by sharing knowledge we can all learn (no one forces anyone else to act on the information).

I haven't seen the comment referred to in N'spirations, but with my exhibition manager's hat on I can understand a fear that there aren't that many N gauge layouts being built and exhibited.  I absolutely agree with Owl and others that exhibition layouts are not the be all and end all, but they are the very visible advertisement for N gauge and help to attract new N gaugers to our scale.

Cheers, Mike

guest311

Looking forward to seeing the production of the new non-elitist N gauge magazine obviously soon to be produced by the maker of the derogatory remarks about Grahame's magazine  >:D

personally, I've enjoyed the copies I've bought and found them very useful and enjoyable.

brbluewill

i would just like to add a big thanks to graham for taking the time and all his efforts which i would assume take up a massive chunk of his time in producing an alternative magazine for our reading pleasure.whether its the last copy or not thanks graham :thumbsup:
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

PaulCheffus

Quote from: gwrwill on August 19, 2013, 07:40:49 PM
i would just like to add a big thanks to graham for taking the time and all his efforts which i would assume take up a massive chunk of his time in producing an alternative magazine for our reading pleasure.whether its the last copy or not thanks graham :thumbsup:

Hi

Well said. It's an excellent read and one I hope will continue.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

upnick

Been a bad day at work got home to find N'spirations   12  waiting for  me  .....................

just had a bite now to relax with a nice cuppa & a read   

Cheers Grahame  keep up   a  fabulous  publication.  :claphappy:   :thumbsup:

H

I've finally started work on the long promised supporting web-site ; http://grahamehedges.moonfruit.com/

It's currently work-in-progress.

H.

PostModN66

Anyone notice what's was on the cover (of N'Spirations 12)?

If it turns out to be the last issue, I'm very pleased to have just "made it" in the nick of time in the cut-throat world of N Gauge modelling!

:D

Jon
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

CarriageShed

Quote from: H on December 11, 2013, 06:45:52 PM
I've finally started work on the long promised supporting web-site ; http://grahamehedges.moonfruit.com/

It's currently work-in-progress.

H.

It's brave of you to let us have the link before the site's complete, but it's certainly looking pretty good so far.

I do like the idea of being able to download pdfs of past N'spirations issues. I'm only missing two, so I'll be keeping a close eye on that page.

Sithlord75

Quote from: PostModN66 on December 11, 2013, 07:51:13 PM
Anyone notice what's was on the cover (of N'Spirations 12)?

If it turns out to be the last issue, I'm very pleased to have just "made it" in the nick of time in the cut-throat world of N Gauge modelling!

:D

Jon

I noticed a EWS 66 on the cover of a mag which was trumpeting about being an LMS special  :( 

Whilst I think OWL was over the top (I've just come back to NGF after some months (years?) away) I have noticed that the latest few Nspirations haven't been, for me at least, as inspiring as the earlier ones.  I judge this solely on how many sticky labels I have poking up out of a mag when I file it for later reference.  Nspirations 3 for example has 4 or 5 poking out, the lastest pair 11 and 12 (12 is currently visiting a mates place) don't have any.

Having purchased all 12, and having read back over them following the comment in 12 about it possibly being the last one, there is a repetition theme developing and maybe a break or getting some new authors in (I saw the article about converting a B set coach into something else - new author there!) might freshen it up.

Still, I'll be getting 13 when and if it comes out.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

ParkeNd

Looking at this thread as an outsider who doesn't know either H or the magazine in question it does seem counterproductive. There appear to be slight hints of cronyism mixed with responses all too regularly including "you have completely missed the point" and "you don't understand ".

Very entertaining to stand back and watch being played out but I fear there will be tears.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations