Bachmann collectors club website

Started by Fardap, January 14, 2020, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fardap

Haven't seen a post on this elsewhere...

Since before the weekend the Bachmann Collectors Club website is showing a "Website currently undergoing maintenance" - don't think it is my machine as have refreshed the cache etc.

Anyone heard anything about them going off line for a lengthy period? No posts on the Bachmann Europe site to say there is an issue. I know they updated the site late Nov early Dec wondering if it has broken... :worried:

Steve

dannyboy

@Fardap
The site has been having problems since before Christmas. I telephoned them a few days before Christmas letting them know that I, as an overseas member, could not renew my membership. The lady I spoke to agreed to do it over the phone, but she ended up having problems! She also said she would pass the details onto their IT people and get back to me, (still waiting!). I telephoned them again last week and all my details were taken for renewal, as well as my debit card details. The money has not yet been taken from my bank account, so I do not know what is happening!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

jml3p

I have being trying to log in and have been unable to do so.

GrahamG

I've also been having trouble renewing my membership since December with a similar story to @dannyboy . I spoke to a lady at Bachmann last week and was told that the site was down due to stocktaking. I was given a temporary password which I will be able to change when the site is restored. The impression given was that it would only be a matter of days.
Graham

Fardap

Sounds a similar tale then - I originally tried to login after their first update but the new system would not accept the email format that was the email that was registered with them and I got emails thorough (using gmail pre @ tricks with a + sign).
The lad who replied to my query reset the email to one without the + but I could still not login and could not get the system to send me a reset link.

Then I had a bit of an accident weekend before Christmas so only just this week tried to login and was met with the above issues... I guess time for patience and wait and see... shame they cant be bothered to put some sort of information notice in the main Bachmann site telling people though, as presumably they are unable to send emails currently.

dannyboy

The website is now showing that the Security Certificate has expired.  ???
David.

jml3p

Fardap

The main Bachmann Europe site also seems to be having issues now, broken home page link and basic html layout issues... think they have a lot of issues to sort...

Fardap

To compound their idiocy at this point, just got an email from Bachmann that links directly to the unavailable website  :worried: :no:

Have emailed them to see if they are actually aware!!!

Fardap

and their reply...

Thank you for contacting Bachmann Europe regarding our Collectors Club Website.

Our website is currently unavailable as our development team are resolving a system issue that was identified as a result of our recent manual stock take.  Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.  We are hoping that this will be completed as soon as possible.

If you would like to renew your membership, place an order, or for any other queries please feel free to call the Club office on 01455 245 565 (0044 1455 245 565 from outside UK) and we will happily assist.

dannyboy

It is getting a bit silly now!  >:(. I have telephoned them twice about my membership and the first time the lady I spoke to said she would get it sorted. The second time, (10th January), the lady took my details and debit card details so I thought my membership was renewed - the money has still not been taken from my account. I have telephoned twice since and got no answer so left a message - nobody has got back to me yet! I am now getting a bit  :veryangry:. I realise that companies can have problems, but there is no excuse for the lack of courtesy especially as they have my telephone number and email address!
David.

Fardap

Have to agree and why they didn't say anything in the email they sent out today beggars belief.

Poor managing of the issue.

dannyboy

Latest update

I have just telephoned the club. The lady I spoke to says that she has my details and my renewal will be dealt with "today or early next week". Apparently the website problems created problems for the Collectors Club and they are dealing with a backlog of applications for membership and renewals.
David.

dannyboy

At Last

Just checked my bank account - the money for my renewal was taken out yesterday, so things are moving within the Club again.
David.

Fardap

Quote from: dannyboy on February 05, 2020, 09:30:38 AM
At Last

Just checked my bank account - the money for my renewal was taken out yesterday, so things are moving within the Club again.

Looks like they used your money to pay the website guy :goggleeyes: as it is now accessible although login is suspended, so you can look around but not sure much else will be available

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations