what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Nearly finished putting in wire in tube, held up due to running out of tube, so I've just put in the wire and switches but not put the wire to the switches yet and hoping the tube gets here tomorrow.

Next will be some back breaking work reaching right across installing some surface mounted peco motors in the far corners, the points for the roundy roundy passing/parking loops and start of the incline up to the terminus, also the line off to the fiddle yard. The points on the fiddle yard itself will be wire in tube, another 5 points plus a 3 way and a double slip, the slip is Minitrix and has a motor.

When all the points are sorted, next will be wiring push buttons for the isolated ends of terminus, goods yard, carriage sidings and shed area.

I'm still debating if to change the fiddle yard Atlas turn table for a Kato one, that would get me a couple more inches of fiddle yard and  better control.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

JasonBz

Just been measuring up part of a job lot slate battens and rough sawn two by one I got for a song late last week
I always think you can make rough wood smooth, but you cant make bent wood straight - so I seem to have got a bargain at about 15pence a foot :)

Hyperion

Procrastinating about the design of my first layout, while at work....
DC or DCC, that is the question.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Hyperion on August 17, 2015, 01:42:34 AM

Procrastination is a waste of time.  :)
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

paulprice

I have even managed to do a little, and I mean little work on the stock storage for Foster Street, I now have 4 built, painted and ready for lining with foam. The problem is I think I need a lot more.......they must be smaller than I first thought as I couldn't possibly have too much stock could I  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

railsquid

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on August 17, 2015, 07:15:09 AM
Quote from: Hyperion on August 17, 2015, 01:42:34 AM

Procrastination is a waste of time.  :)
That's why I always dither about whether to procrastinate or not  :bounce:

paulprice

Well I think I have applied enough dirt and grot to my two Minitrix Ivatts to give them that work stained look, so that's two items weathered god knows how many more to finish.......what have I started  :'(

Graham Walters

Quote from: paulprice on August 21, 2015, 08:52:35 PM
Well I think I have applied enough dirt and grot to my two Minitrix Ivatts to give them that work stained look, so that's two items weathered god knows how many more to finish.......what have I started  :'(

Is that tube of glue in the top right corner the correct scale ?   :bounce:
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

paulprice

railsquid

Looks good... Now back to ballasting...  :'(

sparky

Just sat listening to the radio in my garage running a double headed Class 56 with CMXN track cleaner giving all the lines a good clean with IPA....a bit boring watching it go round and around but surprisingly theraputic in an odd sort of way....lap 42...lap 43...lap 44...refill....lap 45...lap 46....................

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: sparky on August 22, 2015, 08:29:04 PM
Just sat listening to the radio in my garage running a double headed Class 56

:hmmm:  How did you wire up your radio to get it to run your trains?  :confused2:

OK, once more - hat, coat - TAXI!   :wave:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

PostModN66

Finally got around to using one of the four packs of Tomix 0381 couplers that I bought at TINGS about five years ago.   I used them to get closer coupling on my rake of Poole Mk2s, for Deansmoor, though I tested them on Lofthole as if it can get around the 8.5" radius Kato curves it should be pretty safe elsewhere.

The coaches have other issues - lack of interiors and weathering being just two!

http://youtu.be/HtgW99tTGNs

Cheers Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

guest311

not technically ON the layout, more FOR the layout.

decided this evening to make a dent in the pile of PG Models vehicles that have been awaiting my attention.

:hmmm:

looks more like the makings of an army than vehicles for the layout  :-[

still, superglue at the ready, and work progressing on .....

4 x FV432
2 x FV434
2 x FV436
3 x Abbot s/p guns
4 x Stalwarts

hopefully will be finished this evening, then Mr Halfords grey primer tomorrow, weather permitting, and painted tomorrow evening.

at least that is the plan  :worried:

then next are the refuellers and trailers and then the Scammell Commanders and trailers  :uneasy:

think I'll take a break then before starting on the MKs, MJs etc.

may have gone a bit over board  :-\

alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations