what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

I'm busy pinching myself as I cant believe the Domestic Overlord has allowed me to spend some time on my layout........what have I done? It's like making a deal with the Devil, I wonder what the payment will be???

Sprintex

paulprice

well I have actually managed to put the windows into my station buildings, after over 12 months its better late than never, re-painted my canal boats, re-attached a signal I broke off a few weeks ago, re-profiled slightly the main platform on the station, and painted the edge grey, cut the copper clad strips in the storage yard, painted some barrels for one of the factories and a couple of other things, what's happening at this rate I may actually complete something.

Newportnobby

Well - you completed that post...........................................or did you? :-X

paulprice

Bealman

Quote from: daveg on July 19, 2015, 02:05:18 PM
If you'd been in the UK I'd a told you off for missing the opportunity for a short, meaningful lunchtime session down the local pub. Like wot I just did.  :D

As it is, well done RS! That's a fair days work there.

Dave G

It's funny how lunchtime sessions down the pub are always meaningful.  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

One tiny leap for the average railway modeller, one giant leap for railsquidkind - OMG, actual scenery stuff.

In case anyone is wondering whether I forgot the tunnels - the lack of is intentional, the portals will be bricked up.

railsquid

And progress:

Next step is to paint the acres of mud brown largely green-ish and cover them with foliage. And weather the portals/retaining wall a bit. And decide how to continue the bit on the right, which will go along the rear of the shelf.

Dorsetmike

Ironing out various rough spots on the roundy roundy part of the layout and test running locos that have been laid up for over a year, most of the 0-6-0s get round OK but pony trucks  and bogies are finding the dodgy bits.

Most of the track was used on the previous layouts and is a mix of code 55 and code 80 Peco with a few points from other sources, a couple of double slips and a curved point from Minitrix a Kato turntable in the MPD and an Atlas one in the fiddle yard.

I've used Peco set track R3 on the curves at each end and the Minitrix curved point is approximately R3/R4 and placed about the middle of one end serving the fiddle yard and cassette road.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

Gradually getting there, actually managed a few circuits with no pony trucks derailing; had one weird stretch where the pony truck derailed then rerailed itself at the next joint. Tomorrow move up to the "high level" try to sort out some wiring alternatives.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

D1042 Western Princess

:doh: Just gazing at it wondering what to do next. :hmmm:  :confused2:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

railsquid

paulprice

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on July 26, 2015, 12:23:14 PM

pull your finger out and get some work done, I have already glued my fingers together twice today

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: railsquid on July 26, 2015, 12:28:06 PM
How about adding some catenary?  :claphappy:

:unimpressed:  Thanks for the suggestion but that would be about as useful on my 1970 North Devon/Somerset set WR layout as air conditioning on a motor bike!  ::)

:D

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: paulprice on July 26, 2015, 12:32:08 PM

pull your finger out and get some work done, I have already glued my fingers together twice today

I'm a big believer in not rushing in and pondering instead.
Besides, there is a double "High Chapperal"   :drool: followed by last night's recorded double "Gunsmoke"  :drool: followed by a two hour feature film "Gunsmoke, the long ride"  :drool: all on the TV this afternoon.
I take being a "Western" fan very seriesley (bad pun intentional!) and I don't just mean BR Class 52s.  :D
Greg.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations