what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

A short while ago I said my layout was virtually complete and was ready for running trains on it. I even made a video of it with various train rakes running round it.

However today I decided I wasn't entirely happy with it and started ripping part of the track up. Looks like I will need some new trackwork, and am slowly replacing some of my Setrack points with Streamline ones.

Reckon it's going to take me a few weeks to get things changed and running again, and then I will have to do a new video.

The only rolling stock that I still wanted and was having trouble finding was some Ibertren car transporter wagons, but managed to win a bid for one on Ebay, and ordered a couple more from KJB as they have just got some in stock themselves.

Is there a time when you are ever satisfied with your layout I wonder!?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on May 16, 2015, 09:35:19 PM

Is there a time when you are ever satisfied with your layout I wonder!?

In my case............... :no:

Dorsetmike

Just about got the baseboard of phase 1 sorted, now going through the box of track reclaimed from the previous layout before trial placing it on the board
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

Hopefully only tyemporary glitch, I have 3 soldering irons, - cant find any of them! More unpacking!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

I'm sure to find it now, just ordered a new one.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

steve836

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Malc

Nothing. We are having a new roof and I can't get into the loft railway room because bits are dropping off the ceiling and I've covered everything up! Should be finished by Friday.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

steve836

Quote from: Malc on May 18, 2015, 03:36:30 PM
Nothing. We are having a new roof and I can't get into the loft railway room because bits are dropping off the ceiling and I've covered everything up! Should be finished by Friday.

Hope this weather isn't giving you any problems.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Malc

The guys worked over the weekend when it was fine. The came back just after lunch today when it stopped raining. Good workers. It is costing me a fortune in tea bags though.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Malc on May 18, 2015, 04:40:12 PM
The guys worked over the weekend when it was fine. The came back just after lunch today when it stopped raining. Good workers. It is costing me a fortune in tea bags though.

Glad the job is going well.

Know what you mean re tea bags. I had windows fitters here for 2 days. Brilliant lads who did a cracking first rate job and went through a box of PG Tips!

Dave G

Jerry Howlett

Finally, I have plucked up the courage to do some of the dreaded ballasting.  Picked a straight(ish) stretch through the new station. Its about 12 foot long. Had to try and find a hand vacuum not easy in these here parts. A mains one was about £40 !!  so bought a car vac for about £11 and have adapted it to run off the track power supply. Trouble is my DC controller is 9Volt so the cleaner runs for about 2 mins and then power switches off !
Still I have been putting off this chore for 6 years so....

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

sparky

Waiting for the ballast I did on Sunday to dry...will clean the track up on Tuesday night....leaves about 15% of the scenic section left to do thank god !

acko22

Just about to start rebuilding the scenic and layout the new track, god help me this is the bit I have been dreading!!!  :(
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

port perran

Running some trains.
It's just great to sit and watch the trains go by from time to time.
After all, it's what it's all about.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Dorsetmike

Guess what - found 2 soldering irons and a half box of code 80 plus some 55, even found some solder!

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations