what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Well - now that it is nearly complete, I am enjoying running trains on it.

After waking up with a sore head this morning after attending a neighbour's house warming last night, I took a pill and went to play snooker, and after I returned home visited my store room where the layout is, added a few pieces of scenery & did a little painting, then sat back and ran a couple of rakes of trains, and apart from one uncoupling incident everything worked beautifully.

Just need a remaining package from Hattons & Gaugemaster to turn up with the things I need to finalise the layout, and then I can video it and enjoy it even more.

In June we will have been residents of Tenerife for 11 years, and hope to celebrate that fact by having finished the model railway layout I first started in September 2013.

Newportnobby

Running some trains into the station area of Bletchford in order to establish where the Dapol magnets should be sited for optimum operational pleasure (that's OOP to thee and me)
Purely in the cause of research, you understand ;) :angel:

Sprintex

Quote from: Sprintex on March 29, 2015, 10:53:58 PM
Ten Dapol milk tanks converted to NEM pockets at one end (since they'll only ever be shunted in pairs) and Easi-shunt couplers fitted :thumbsup:

Just got to convert one end of my Class 31 somehow now  :uneasy:

Further to this, and in the same vein as NPN's post above, Bachmann Farish 31 285 now has an Easi-shunt at one end after a scary amount of hacking with a scalpel  :goggleeyes:

And after some initial experimentation with a spare length of track and some tiny neodymium magnets I'm seriously impressed with their operation  8)

Paul

Caz

Paul, what glue are you using to glue on your EasiShunt conversion boxes?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sprintex

Superglue Gel - seems to have worked so far :)

Paul

deibid

Last nigh I started to put little people in place... I was leaving it for later because I though it to be a bore... not actually, is enjoyable to make them do things that they will do... FOREVER  :D
Infinitely more enjoyable than ballast, for sure!
Next station...

Newportnobby

Quote from: deibid on April 13, 2015, 02:57:02 PM
Last nigh I started to put little people in place... I was leaving it for later because I though it to be a bore... not actually, is enjoyable to make them do things that they will do... FOREVER  :D
Infinitely more enjoyable than ballast, for sure!

Howzabout posting some pics of your little people in (in)action? ;)

deibid

Will do will do... as soon as I take some decent photos. But sure, you don't ONLY want to see little people do you?   ::)
Next station...

Newportnobby

Quote from: deibid on April 13, 2015, 03:00:52 PM
Will do will do... as soon as I take some decent photos. But sure, you don't ONLY want to see little people do you?   ::)

NO!!!!
People will think I have some strange heightism addiction :laugh:

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on April 13, 2015, 03:08:36 PM

NO!!!!

And what, pray tell, is the matter with those of us who may be considered as vertically challenged?  :P

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on April 13, 2015, 03:17:38 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on April 13, 2015, 03:08:36 PM

NO!!!!

And what, pray tell, is the matter with those of us who may be considered as vertically challenged?  :P

Dave G

Some might say that, me being 1.76m tall, I have to look down on them but I couldn't possibly agree with that sort of thing :no: :angel: :dighole:

Caz

Been embedding another 20 odd reed switches in the track bed, now have nearly 80 operational and still need about another dozen to finish the job.  Has been really worth the effort for the extra control they have given.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

sparky

Ballasting points....fingers crossed they still move in 48hrs time!

Sprintex

Keep moving the tiebar back-and-forth a few times every half hour for a few hours, it's what I did with mine and not one stuck :thumbsup:

Paul

GeeBee

Finally sorted out the warped track relaid and spent several hours (Happily) running 3 loco's around the layout to check the track work is OK now all I have to do is repair and renew Pam's beautifully made scenery  :help:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations