what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Quote from: Bad Raven on March 15, 2015, 07:57:32 PM

Today I have painted the radiators and grilles on five buses, painted the roof and coachline green on an ivory tram, fitted the chassis to the bdy (pull off friction fit, ballasted it with lead to improve connections, completed the paintwork on the scratch built crazy golf holes, and cleaned the track after painting in the roadway to disguise the joint between wide tram and adjacent surfacing (balsa, sanded smooth, as its all "level in road").

So no time to work on the railway then? :D
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

DELETED

Trying to hide first and second radius track (kato)  on my small layout with a station -I tore out the original hill I built as I wanted something more urban. It's on curved track but the station canopy is straight, hopefully I can pull it off when it's finished...

Sprintex

Ten Dapol milk tanks converted to NEM pockets at one end (since they'll only ever be shunted in pairs) and Easi-shunt couplers fitted :thumbsup:

Just got to convert one end of my Class 31 somehow now  :uneasy:

Paul

deibid

Last weekend was... ballast, ballast and more ballast  :veryangry: :censored: :scowl:
Today on the other hand...  :hmmm:
Next station...

paulprice

Quote from: RST on March 29, 2015, 10:36:58 PM
Trying to hide first and second radius track (kato)  on my small layout with a station -I tore out the original hill I built as I wanted something more urban. It's on curved track but the station canopy is straight, hopefully I can pull it off when it's finished...

Do yo have more details of your layout in looks great

talisman56

TBH, not a lot - it's parky in the garage in Winter!!

So a bit of rolling stock construction and fettling has been in progress - a duplicated GWR design twin-vent van renumbered and a couple of NGS Shock wagon kits built...

...still need to put the white stripes on the end of the vans...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MinZaPint

Well as usual it's not much but I've completed the wiring for the reversing lines and the goods yard and an isolated section at the front to hold a train while other activities take place. The hole is now cut for the valley

and the second shot shows my wiring efforts! board on it's side to allow for fitting the valley floor and I do plan to leave access to the wiring connectors!

Right now to crack on, I do find the constant rescheduling of forthcoming items has a negative effect on my Mojo  :sleep: I've almost but not quite given up on the Schools  :( anyway happy modelling and enjoy the Easter break  :thumbsup:  Cheers  David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

GeeBee

Just spent half a day lifting track on Martini Holt, the only part of the layout that has got scenery on it can't work out what has caused the track to twist now, as it has been in place for over a year and trains have been running on it all the time, but last week started running my Dapol 66 in in DCC mode and the track has lifted over a rail join in 2 places causing the battery bay of the 66 to bottom out, thought it might be just that one but they all do it now  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

austinbob

Wiring up 3rd and last mimic panel for my layout 'North Hampshire preserved railway' Should get this done tomorrow. Will then attach mimic panels to baseboards and wire in bus-bars for control and CDU. Then I can get on with track laying at last!!
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Dorsetmike

Well I've moved, but unpacking could take ages, I didn't downsize far enough, the "railway room" is currently packed to the door with boxes, bags and furniture, the lounge ain't much better!I'm typing this with the monitor perched in front of the TV, the PC on the floor and me sitting in my wheeled zimmer with a seat, AKA a rollator the keyboard on a piece of kit intended to clamp onto the side of a photo tripod for those that want to tie their camera to a laptop.

My chest has been giving me some gyp, so I work for 10 minutes, then take 2 puffs on the inhaler and sit down for 20 minutes, so I'm paying for some assistance tomorrow, otherwise It'll be a month or more before I can get back to the layout building.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Glad that you are at last in your new abode, Mike, and wish you every happiness there :thumbsup:

Caz

Must be a relief to finally be there, just don't overtax yourself and make yourself ill, getting help sounds the right thing to do, especially if it gets you back modelling sooner.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

paulprice

I'm losing the plot, and striding ever closer to total madness

I have been fitting headlamps to some of the fleet to match the duties they are assigned to, and I have been having more luck glueing them to my fingers, but them when they are finally fitted and the locomotives are running, I notice some of them are missing their little "brilliance crystals"....ho hum

grumbeast

Finally got back to the layout, missus couldn't sleep so we got up at 5am, she did some sketching and I went to the garage and laid my first plaster cloth on the German riverside section of the layout... Have run out of hot glue and plaster cloth tho :(

GeeBee

Relaid track last night ran class 66 over it this morning guess what it is still out of true but only on 1 joint now back to stripping out the track to see what is causing the warping
:veryangry:  :censored:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations