what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: mal1965 on September 03, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
hi all, i,m trying to get some good ideas to start my 1200 x 900mm n gauge layout, can anyone help me find so plans to give me a start :searchingsign: :photospleasesign:and a BIG :thankyousign:

As regards layouts have you tried this site for some ideas. :-
http://modelrailwaylayout.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Also on a personal note (if you don't mind me saying) you need to correct your Location details which currently read "Angelsey Noth wales" when it should be either :-
Angelsey - North Wales (in English) or Ynys Mon - Gogledd Cymru (in Cymraeg).

I used to live in Conwy and regularly visit the Island of Angelsey (Ynys Mon) and I don't think the local residents would take it too kindly if you called it Noth wales!

Newportnobby

Quote from: mal1965 on September 03, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
hi all, i,m trying to get some good ideas to start my 1200 x 900mm n gauge layout, can anyone help me find so plans to give me a start :searchingsign: :photospleasesign:and a BIG :thankyousign:

The Railway Modeller Book of N Gauge Track Plans (layouts 1 - 5) has some good small layout suggestions but be aware dear Cyril Freezer has scaled them down so you may need to amend them slightly.

steve836

Give us a clue, era? region? do you want end to end or continuous run?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

talisman56

Result of a productive modelling evening at the MRC...

NGS Shock Open/Van kit (one of two)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

tutenkhamunsleeping

Adding a small control panel under one section of the layout, big enough to house a socket for a DCC handset and four DPDT switches.

marco neri

Making car routes...with a little nightmare!... I must remember the driving sense is on the contrary than the rest of us in Europe...so all the things about routes (bus stop, crossing, signals) are on the opposite side.. :confusedsign:
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

daveg

Quote from: marco neri on September 15, 2014, 05:24:56 PM

Making car routes...with a little nightmare!... I must remember the driving sense is on the contrary than the rest of us in Europe...so all the things about routes (bus stop, crossing, signals) are on the opposite side.. :confusedsign:

... and don't forget roundabouts!

#2 Hemel Hempsteads "Magic Roundabout"

One of my favourites:

Dave G

marco neri

Quote from: daveg on September 15, 2014, 05:33:55 PM

One of my favourites:

Dave G

...Aaaaargh!... :o :jawdropping: :jawdropping:
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

talisman56

One of my favourites:

Dave G

There's also a 'Magic Roundabout' in Swindon (and is marked as such on the approach signage). It was the original Magic Roundabout (1972) - well, Swindon has got to be famous for something, and it's apt that it's a carbuncle of a road system...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

NeMo

#2 Hemel Hempsteads "Magic Roundabout"[/url]

Shudder. Doing my driving lessons in Hemel and this is a regular feature. Not as bad as it looks maybe, but still pretty nerve-wracking!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

daveg

Quote from: NeMo on September 15, 2014, 07:23:52 PM

#2 Hemel Hempsteads "Magic Roundabout"[/url]

Shudder. Doing my driving lessons in Hemel and this is a regular feature. Not as bad as it looks maybe, but still pretty nerve-wracking!

Cheers, NeMo

Worked in Hemel for 15 years (inc the Buncefield Bang) and used the beastie most days. Got used to it.

Worst occasion was encountering a lady driving a 4x4 while drinking her morning tea/coffee and attempting to avoid me going in the opposite direction!

Dave G

Sprintex

Sadlers Farm roundabout in Essex used to be like that too at the junction of the A13/A130 - they've got rid of it now (not before time!) ;)

Paul

Dorsetmike

Nothing, still waiting to get this place sold and get moved. Track all lifted back in March, got most track salvaged, nearly finished getting ballast removed and then clean track boxed; some buildings boxed up others on a diorama. Getting stock checked and boxed.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daveg

Going through the tail end of a house move.

Our 'quick sale' has turned into 4 months of total PITA. Check out your potential buyer with care!

Good luck - hope you get a sale and an easy move soon.

Dave G

steve836

Wiring up Cromford Wharf & building a bridge to carry the A6 over the C.&H.P.Rly.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations