Laptop/Monitor Choices

Started by Hightower, March 23, 2024, 08:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hightower

The laptop I use to control my layout is old and knackered and definitely needs to be replaced, so I'm looking for ideas of what settup others use for computer control of their layouts. (In terms of laptops, monitors etc rather that software.)

My current laptop to a 40cm (15.5 inch) screen. I dont really want a screen any smaller then this, but it doesn't look like many laptops come in this size anymore. I'm therefore wondering about remote screens and weather to put them on the front of the layout or on the wall behind. I currently sit my laptop on a saw horse just under but level with the front of the layout.

What settup do others use?

Thanks

joe cassidy

All the major suppliers of laptops offer a product with a 15" screen.

GlenEglise

I am using an old desktop standing upright on floor with a 24" Iiyama Prolite screen.

paulbeckwith

no connection to them   but  look  at   ao .com  plenty of  15.5"   available  and  bigger   starting  at  £199  but  check  processors

paul

joe cassidy

I bought an Acer last week. It works OK.

Before that I had a Hewlet Pacard that looked elegant and had a better keyboard but after 2 years use the screen spontaneously parted company with the body of the laptop.

lil chris

Common problem that Joe, I have seen plenty videos of the hinges being replaced, but if was old it might be worth updating anyway. You have to take care there are a lot of rubbish computers and laptops out there with old processors in them, so slow, just because it's new does not mean it's any good.
Chris H.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations