Poole Farish 20 8208 BR Railfrieght

Started by Jason B, November 15, 2020, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason B

I have been looking through some of my stored stock i have a old Poole Farish RF 20 i believe this is a short production run as the tooling was broken very near to the start of the production run.
it seems correctly boxed VGC with the warranty and a care guide.
is this as rare as i think it is ? or not

Thanks all

crewearpley40

Jason. I believe so.20137 was farish 8208 catalogue 1991 . See
http://www.ngauge.org.uk/far_dloco_20.php    I have 8205 boxed 20142 thats some 38 years old plus . Click on the link which says class 20
  Chris

Jason B

Hi Chris and thanks for the link

Yes that is the exact version 20215 ,i have had another look the warrenty card is stamped 8208and dated 13//3/1995

crewearpley40

Sounds like a bargain compared to today's prices. My 20 cost a fraction of the price I brought mine in 1992 plus a non working one as a dummy and I'm not sure if any are going secondhand.

Jason B

I paid £45 i think for it probably about 6 to 7 years ago i recall just flashed up on ebay for a BIN

Dr Al

20137 has never been proven to actually exist, so shouldn't be listed on that page, 20215 does, as catalogue number 8208, but only a few hundred made before tooling reportedly broke (presumably livery tooling as the class 20 was produced for years afterwards).

Fairly rare, therefore, value is debatable (typically ~£60-70 for a good one I'd say), as as a model it's been superceded by both Bachmann production in the same livery and tooling, as well as new tooling models also. Personally, I think Farish's colour rendition on 20215 is one of the nicest.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Jason B

Thank you for the input All i am fond of it and have instructed the responsable adult not to flog it at a boot sale for a Fiver !

Cheers

crewearpley40

I would keep her. The loco, I meant. Happy memories

Jason B

Thanks i wont , i never sell anything its half my problem .i still have my original 20142 i have nice boxed 139 also

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations