Calling all Formula 1 fans

Started by Newportnobby, March 13, 2014, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldun

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 14, 2014, 11:06:53 PM
I would prefer to not have this issue with fuel and tyre conservation, I want to see the best drivers in the world racing the best cars in the world flat out from lights to flag, not poodling to ensure they get to the end.

My sentiments exactly  :claphappy:

I want to see a proper motor race, not a Sunday cruise/fuel economy run  :veryangry:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

bridgiesimon

Yeah, there were several frustrating races like that last year, one I remember hearing that the drivers were on fuel conservation after only 2 laps!!

Aaaaargh!!

Simon

Bealman

Oh dear, I appear to be surrounded by petrolhead tragics... ah well. ;D

As the mod who asked who you-know-who is, I'm pleased with the very sensible judgement displayed by NPN  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

trainsdownunder

It's interesting How a sport with so much money is concerned with fuel consumption and making it last   :doh:

I really don't mind what the sport does as long as it allows "Real Racing". Too many times we now see penalties for the slightest offence. Let the guys get on with it. Yes I know people can be "aggressive" in their driving, but the greats don't get held back by this. Senna and Prost, Mansell and Piquet all had their moments with some nasty times..... their one over ruling thought though was to win.

As an ex racer, albeit 2 wheels not four, I want to see open competitive racing as much as possible and not get cars dragged back to almost  "go-kart" status where so much is about being on the front of the grid at the start.

How about handicapping based on last years performance; happens in horse racing. If teams don't like it let the "all powerful" Bernie Ecclestone sort them out. He may not be liked but he does seem to be able to control it all. Although recent allegations of corruption may prove interesting

michael

Possibly the wrong place to ask but I made a comment in this thread last night and its been removed, can anyone explain why this might be?

thanks

Pengi

Hi Michael,

I've checked the logs and cannot see any record of your post being removed. Can you remember the time when you posted it?

Did you check that your post actually displayed in the thread? There is an issue where if member post at exactly the same time, posts can be lost (as I know to my cost  :worried:)

Pengi
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Lawrence

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 14, 2014, 11:06:53 PM

I would prefer to not have this issue with fuel and tyre conservation, I want to see the best drivers in the world racing the best cars in the world flat out from lights to flag, not poodling to ensure they get to the end.

Quite agree Simon, it seems now to be more about driver/car management than actual racing, how long before we have computer controlled cars going round with drivers redundant!

michael

Quote from: Pengi on March 15, 2014, 07:46:55 AM
Hi Michael,

I've checked the logs and cannot see any record of your post being removed. Can you remember the time when you posted it?

Did you check that your post actually displayed in the thread? There is an issue where if member post at exactly the same time, posts can be lost (as I know to my cost  :worried:)

Pengi

hi think it was about 10pm last night. I definitely pressed post but I think after that I may have pressed the back button on the browser, might that have deleted it?

it was hardly the most profound of posts so its no big loss, as I recall I think I agreed with simon about how good skys coverage  of f1 is but dissagreed with him about di resta, I think the blocks talentless. Bit like max chilton but because hes british the pundits big him up!

Newportnobby

The only good thing I can imagine coming out of the smaller engines/fuel limitation is that more manufacturers will be able to afford to go racing and we may end up with more teams participating so bigger grids. I believe Honda and Toyota are already thinking along those lines :hmmm:
If you take 2 wheel racing for example the 'main event', MotoGP, takes a back seat in my opinion to the Moto3 and Moto2 purely because the latter have bigger grids and are thus more exciting to watch.

Quote from: Mr Sprue on March 14, 2014, 10:20:12 PM

P.S.  "Simpleton"  please explain?

My dictionary describes a simpleton as being "a gullible or half witted person" which most would agree is certainly applicable to me :laugh:

Mr Sprue

Quote from: newportnobby on March 15, 2014, 01:27:44 PM

My dictionary describes a simpleton as being "a gullible or half witted person" which most would agree is certainly applicable to me :laugh:

Sorry I have to disagree with you there.  In my books anyone that is a petrol head and has the hots for Suzi  is definitely not a gullible or half witted person.  :)

longbridge

I am on holidays at the moment but still 1,500km away from my home town of Melbourne, even when I lived down there I never went to the GP or bothered to watch it on the TV.

To much follow the leader stuff and not enough action, give me the Drags anyday.

Here is a true blue Aussie muscle car, pic taken at Willowbank Raceway Brisbane.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

How does the driver see where he's going

Luke Piewalker

But surely it's pretty much always been about fuel and tyre management...  :hmmm:

Bealman

OK, forum revheads... they're off!

Oops, I'm not supposed to be watching... :worried:

Luke Piewalker

I'm quite liking the quieter engine noise, you can now hear so many other things going on around the car  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations