The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Padre

Quote from: Lawrence on January 30, 2012, 11:39:12 AM
You'll be waxing lyrical about the Brunel rooms next  :smiley-laughing:
I stayed in Toothill for a while so used to frequent the Toot & Whistle, then there were Friday afternoons in the pub in Hilmarton (don't recall the name) then I moved out to Clyffe Pypard and (occasionally) worked and drank in the Goddard Arms - proper ale & a skittle alley  :beers: ;D

You're going to prompt me to start a sad thread now  ;) RIP RAF Lyneham!!! Had a very happy tour as you obviously did too Lawrence  :smiley-laughing:

Lawrence

I don't know about happy David, that is where I met and married Della, and that was 28 years ago  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Irish Padre

Not so happy for her then   ;D !!!

Bikeracer

Quote from: Irish Padre on January 30, 2012, 09:39:48 PM

I can see you getting your legs slapped of that remark  ;D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Lawrence

Quote from: Bikeracer on January 30, 2012, 09:43:15 PM
Quote from: Irish Padre on January 30, 2012, 09:39:48 PM

I can see you getting your legs slapped of that remark  ;D

Allan

I'll wait until his broken leg has healed then I can slap both  :smiley-laughing:

Irish Padre

You get a better quality of banter in the RAF, don't you Lawrence?! Won't be going anywhere near you for a while though!!

Cimmerian

The work filter system has decided this morning that this site is a personal blog and won't let me on it anymore. :thumbsdown: :'(
Regards, Ken

Tank

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on January 30, 2012, 08:28:31 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on January 30, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
Don't know what the situation is back home but here in Oz you can go to the Post Office and buy a Visa or Mastercard with various values up to $250, a $100 card costs about $105 and gives you $100 credit.

This is a great way to buy online as it does not connect with your personal accounts.

What a damned good idea, but as far as I know not available in the UK :(

There are cards available in the UK, one of my friends has one, I will ask her where she got it from and let you know  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Cimmerian

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2012, 11:54:40 AM
Oh no!  Complain!!! :D

I can see that going down well...

"Dear Sir, Why do you want me to work instead of reading posts about model railways?"

I can almost feel the pay rise on its way to me. :D
Regards, Ken

point blank

I had to make my way to hospital yesterday for an operation under general anesthetic so had to be picked up after discharge at night meaning It would have been a bit awkward to use the car to get there.
So I thought that I would try the fantastic bus network that they are trying to prise us out of our cars to and from work with.
A 15 minute journey in the car took one hour on the bus after taking me on a tour of the Fylde coast and cost £3.45.
I have got one of the thirstiest cars on the road and I can get there and back for that. So sorry Stagecoach but you can stick your buses where the sun doesn't shine and I will stick to the car. >:(

Newportnobby

Apart from being irate, I hope everything went OK for you :wave:

point blank

Quote from: newportnobby on February 09, 2012, 01:12:50 PM
Apart from being irate, I hope everything went OK for you :wave:
I'm fine thanks, just a bit sore after having my gallblader removed  :thumbsup:

Bikeracer

Quote from: point blank on February 09, 2012, 12:33:44 PM
I had to make my way to hospital yesterday for an operation under general anesthetic so had to be picked up after discharge at night meaning It would have been a bit awkward to use the car to get there.

i recently had an operation under general anaesthetic and was told not to drive for 48 hours,something to do with insurance I was told.I knew you shouldn't drive home or use public transport immediately after an operation using a general anaesthetic.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

polo2k

speaking from experiance, within 48 Hours of a general anestetic, dont bother with a Prodigy concert. Didnt enjoy it as much as I would have liked.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations