Farish Autumn Announcements 2022

Started by NGS-PO, August 03, 2022, 10:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crepello

Quote from: njee20 on August 03, 2022, 10:14:33 AM
Really excited about the 90. Only interested in the FL orange, will have to wait for the others in future batches, but that's been a long time coming.

Won't you have to get 2 of these? I've only seen a regular pair at Stratford. :laughabovepost:

Southerngooner

I'm in the same boat as Martyn and Scott. I've got most of the stuff for my SR layout Brickmakers Lane, I've got a few non-SR bits that can on it and on James Street too. I now don't collect stuff I don't need as things are too expensive for stuff to sit around with nothing to do, and don't feel the need for a new layout or layouts based in different era or areas, so I'm luck in that respect. The Rapido SECR wagons were a nice one for me, but it's the sheer lack of new stuff and the slow pace of what does appear that is so different to 2013 when I got back into modelling. I'm glad I bought stuff when I did.

However, a lot of stuff is still out there on dealers shelves if you go and look. You just have to be lucky. I make a point of going into any dealer I pass these days, not only to see what they have but also to do a little bit towards keeping them going.

I'll never change from N until I physically cannot do it as it offers the long trains and complicated layouts in a small area that you couldn't get in any other scale.

At least my spending should be kept low now!

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Steven B

Quote from: martyn on August 03, 2022, 03:13:29 PM
Whilst the cl 90 is a very welcome announcement (just as I was considering selling my son's Poole one....) for the diesel and electric modellers, if I was considering starting modelling in N gauge the lack of rolling stock might well put me off.
---------8<-----------------------
I'm not just talking about new models; but also the lack or re-runs of even basic wagons and coaching stock.

Joined up thinking would have seen a re-run of Mk2F in Intercity Swallow and Virgin liveries.

There are posts on RMWeb suggesting that Bachmann are due to announce a run of coaches of so far unconfirmed types in the next quarterly announcement.

At least with the class 90s you can still find Dapol Mk3s in suitable liveries (i.e. Intercity and Virgin). Matching DVTs are harder to find but still easier than what you can get from Farish at the moment.

Steven B.

jpendle

Quote from: crepello on August 03, 2022, 04:21:08 PM
Really excited about the 90. Only interested in the FL orange, will have to wait for the others in future batches, but that's been a long time coming.

Won't you have to get 2 of these? I've only seen a regular pair at Stratford. :laughabovepost:

True, CL90's are always used in multiple on Intermodal freight, but I'll just be buying one Tango liveried version to start with. As @njee20 says there are plenty more liveries that can be done, Freightliner, DBS, plus the various "specials".

At some point I might buy a second G&W and re-number it.

Oh, and if Farish can do a new tooling loco every quarter then hopefully everyone will be as pleased I am with the CL90 announcement  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

njee20

Quote from: crepello on August 03, 2022, 04:21:08 PM

I probably will. Double headed 90s is a recent thing. Frustratingly though it was the norm by the time they were painted orange. In FL grey, green and even Powerhaul days a single loco was more common.

Quote from: jpendle on August 03, 2022, 05:28:28 PM
True, CL90's are always used in multiple on Intermodal freight, but I'll just be buying one Tango liveried version to start with. As @njee20 says there are plenty more liveries that can be done, Freightliner, DBS, plus the various "specials".

At some point I might buy a second G&W and re-number it.

The 90s have worn 32 different liveries. Impressive for a class of 50! That ignores subtle branding variations, DB 'gliders' etc etc.

PLD

Quote from: Dorsetmike on August 03, 2022, 12:10:37 PM
Agreed, as usual nothing Southern, Oh for a Nelson and an Arthur, any 4-4-0, by my reckoning there have only been about 7 SR loco types produced RTR, 3 of those from Union Mills, classes T9, 700, 0395, M7, N, Schools and C.
To misquote an old saying:-
Nobody models the SR because no manufacturers produce SR items; manufacturers don't make SR items because nobody models SR.
Yet the Southern actually has the best (least bad?) coverage for coaching stock with 3 distinct types produced R-T-R in recent times - Bullieds, Maunsells & the Birdcage stock. For the LMS all we have is the Staniers, and then only 57-footers which account for less than half of the variants...

TomE

Quote from: Steven B on August 03, 2022, 12:14:17 PM
Have Bachmann put out an update on the class 158 Express Sprinter?

Not this time, but when I took photos of the EP's at Alexandra Palace earlier in the year they were talking in terms of early 2023 for release. Outside chance we might see livery samples for those at TINGS if that's still the schedule.

https://www.ngaugenews.com/post/graham-farish-n-gauge-class-158-ep-samples-revealed

Tom. 

Hailstone

As a transition period modeller, i have to say that I am totally underwhelmed, only one steam loco once again redesigned for sound, So in reality no new tooling since the 8F, no coaches (where ARE the maroon Thompsons?) and when you look at what Rapido, Revolution and Sonic have done in the same time period, you have to wonder what is going on behind closed doors at Barwell. I am aware that many people now do DCC but not all of us and I worry that they have spent too much money on it to expand their product range which will do them no good at all. DCC by all  means but not at the cost of product which is why my pre order list whilst large has no Graham Farish products in it

Regards, 

Alex

acko22

Hi all,

So for me personally I am rather happy the class 90 has appeared in the most open secret going....
Of all the liveries only 2 for me, those been Freightliner and Intercity Swallow (Re numbering required of course).

But lets hope that after years of us hoping and at times moans of no new 90 they sell well and we see other liveries begin to appear seen as there is 57 liveries and variations, but time will tell for now I am just happy they are seeing the daylight at last.

I was a little underwhelmed with the class 37 offering as there are so many options available but you cant have it all!
The 08s are a nice mixture even if only one is for me and even then I would have preferred another freightliner livery, but hey ho it is what it is!

As for the class 60 hmmm I like the 60 in GBRf colours but the extra pennies for a name..... I can live without thank you!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Steven B

It's interesting to see that we're getting class 90 liveries that Bachmann waited for a second run before doing them in OO including Res, Virgin and Freightliner G&W (orange).

The OO range was limited to Intercity, Rfd and Freightliner Powerhaul on the first run.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Bachmann to re-run the Farish 90 in new liveries. I can see it including I/C Mainline, EWS and Freightliner Green.

Steven B.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: NGS-PO on August 03, 2022, 04:18:07 PM

In terms of coaching stock, we just have to have faith that they will come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, if anyone has any Blue Riband Maroon BCK, BSK, CK and/or SK, surplus to requirements and for sale, do let me know!

Best

Scott.

Scott,

Isn't this what the NGS could be doing??

Talking to the Manufacturers and outlining what the N Gauge Community are saying, I'm sure they are already aware of what is being said on Forums (Fora??) but a bit of a chat from the NGS Trade Liaison Officer might garner some answers??

Regards

Neal.

woodbury22uk

I would like to believe that with this first completely new tooling announcement since the quarterly schedule was established, we are seeing a change in the way in which production is planned, ordered and executed. All this is against the background of BacFar competing for production slots in the Kader facilities.

The plethora of Class 08s announced and being released imminently probably all come from one production run with the benefits of scale in ordering and sourcing components, optimising assembly, and the elimination of factory downtime changing lines. This size of production run could be what is needed to make the BachFar capacity bid more attractive to the Kader factory profit centre. Now extrapolate that to the Class 90 and we get a first batch of 4 delivered in Q4/22, a second batch of colour schemes early in Q1/23, and a third batch at the end of Q1/23. In effect they could be announced in November 2022, and February 2023. For those clamouring for coaching stock, and to a lesser extent wagons, the same approach could equally be required to justify a colossal multi-livery production run, with the flexibility to make higher proportions of second class coaches rather than numbers equal with the firsts, composites and brakes.

Maybe just wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great if the key to making BachFar a more attractive proposition within the Kader business is to make much, much more in each run rather than less. My only concern would be that this might make some types far less attractive if the market cannot absorb the higher production quantities.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations