what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1 61126

Hi all right now I am wiring up point motors around 70 of them so far bye for now Geoff

jonclox

Re-landscaping various areas of N gauge (main layout).
Wiring up Z gauge (experimental project)+ building kit station(210 parts)  :-\
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

porkie

:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Tank

Quote from: porkie on August 16, 2011, 08:22:51 PM
Looking at the dust on it  :-X

:smiley-laughing:

I'm waiting for some trees to arrive in the post, and then I need to start thinking about the buildings for my layout.

upnick

Got lots of ideas &   buildings  ready to place on a new  British   layout  as the one i  have  was based on  American  locos  &  the British ones just  dont cut it when   i   hook  them up   to a long  rake  of  wagons so  redevelopment  of  the boards is needed  have in mind to  use  /place  my  metcalfe buildings  with the  cattle  dock   forming  one of the main businesses  on the layout as i have  a rake  of  peco  wagons in  private  livery  ready for it.

The  other  half  of the exisiting layout i'm hoping to  use  for  my  HO     museum  layout plan.  

The long layout 13 ft  x 2ft for  my  American  outline is to  be different to  my plan  originally  possibly a second level  with  passenger  trains  dating  from   the  transition  period  with  modern  intermodal  mixed in  as i  like run  what  makes me  happy not a particular  district /era

So lots of planning & changes after seeing other layouts & ideas.

port perran

My 6ft by 3ft layout (plus fiddle yard) sits atop a spare bed. We have visitors at the weekend so layout is stowed away under the bed for a few days .
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

longbridge

Major reconstruction I think. :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Claude Dreyfus

On my terminus layout, it is a case of ballasting and starting on the scenery. Plenty of photos on the thread for that layout on here...

For the club layout, it is working on the superstructure at one end to provide a hill/mountainside.

tadpole

Running trains! Managed to get most folks to work on time, now the shoppers are coming out to play. Very small, German shoppers, but shoppers all the same.
Two rails good. Three better.

longbridge

Major reconstruction, because of my love for both British and American trains I have taken the narrow centre sections of my layout out and now have a 5ft x 3ft layout at each end of my shed, the British one will be a steam only freelance Heritage Railway called "Cofton Park" after the area I was born in back in the UK, the American layout will also be a Steam only freelance Heritage Railroad called "Paradise Valley".

Another reason I split my 10ft x 5 ft layout in two was because I felt as though I had hit a brick wall and was finding it hard to fire my interest back up, I guess that happens to most of us at some time or other but I feel sure I have now rekindled my enthusiasm for building again. :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

sawyerm1982

im currently working on a scalescenes low relief block of flats to fill an empty corner, and scratch building a wondeful concrete framed building to be found in manchester. Would attached a photo but i havnt worked out how to do it yet lol

mike

porkie

Quote from: sawyerm1982 on August 18, 2011, 01:16:06 PM
im currently working on a scalescenes low relief block of flats to fill an empty corner, and scratch building a wondeful concrete framed building to be found in manchester. Would attached a photo but i havnt worked out how to do it yet lol

mike

Sounds good. Can we have some pics when you have finished?
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: sawyerm1982 on August 18, 2011, 01:16:06 PM
. Would attached a photo but i havnt worked out how to do it yet lol

mike
Hi Mike

Best thing is to open an account at www.photobucket.com and then follow the instructions in the 'welcome and Intructions' post.
It's pretty easy then to download photos, jpegs etc :camera:

OwL

Repairing damage im afraid! My modern engine shed somehow became detached whilst in transit from my big cluttered bedroom to it's newly decorated box room home.

The windows and doors all fell off :thumbsdown: gotta repair, glue  and repaint the patches :thumbsdown:

Bummer :thumbsdown:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Alex

Hi,

Trying to finish off a couple of scratchbuilt buildings but haven't had much time this week.  :( Maybe tomorrow.

Alex

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations