it is with deepest regrets

Started by Browning 9mm, April 15, 2024, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning 9mm

it is with deepest regrets that I  have to report that HB sadly has headed to Rainbow bridge.
passed quietly and peacefully in his sleep, at just under 11 years old.
there will be quite a pack waiting when I reach the bridge.

Newportnobby

Oh Alan.
I'm so sorry to hear that :*(
I enjoyed your pics of him and won't forget him giving me one of his Bonios

emjaybee

I'm so sorry to hear that Alan. I know how much he meant to you & how much our animals bring to our lives.

May he run free & happy for eternity chasing the ever elusive mices.

Best regards, Michael, Catherine, Penfold & Minerva
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Papyrus

Very sorry to hear that, Alan, he was obviously quite a character. I'm sure he gave you a lot of support when your wife passed away. Remember, I'm not that far away if you want a dog to walk.

With very best wishes,

Chris

Nbodger

So sorry to hear that Alan, dogs are true friends. Mable the springer sends her condolences too.

Mike H

TrevL

Very sad to hear this Alan, farewell Oscar.  It's not that long since I went throught the same sad event.   Will you get another?  I lasted 7 seven months until Molly came along, but she has more than made up for the loss of Bilbo.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Browning 9mm

hi @TrevL

probably will not get another, certainly not another husky.
most of our dogs over the last 54 years have been rescues, now adays the rescues won't consider those of my advanced age.

maybe time to look at fostering or some such, but there is always my grandson's idiot if I feel the need to walk a great hairy moron.

Browning 9mm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Bob Tidbury

So sorry to hear your loss some people never realise that a pet  is just as important as anyone in the family but we treat all our pets AS one of the family we Have a cute 9 year old dog Mitzy and wevhave Guinea pigs that have just gone back out to their summer house after being indoors over the winter and we have now adopted our granddaughters 3 pet rats .
We have just lost or 19 year old cat Fergie who will be running around with all the other pets we've had ,We even had a Guninea pig called Herbie who lived for 14 years the Vet who checks our pets just couldnt believe that he was that old but the records of all his checkups proved it .
Regards
Bob

lil chris

My condolences to your loss of your friend, I still miss my little cat Bubbles.
Chris H.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations