Revamping Lima and Minitrix Mk1 Coaches

Started by Adam1701D, May 08, 2014, 07:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

I have been asked to produce some vinyls for the Lima Mk1s in a ficticious livery and have been mulling over the possibility of intorducing a range of vinyls in other liveries to improve the old coaches.

The plan would be to do a set of vinyls for the Lima and Minitrix Mk1s that would go straight over the base model with minimal modification (remove the raised door handles, etc). These would be in all the classic BR liveries along with some more modern types, such as Network SouthEast, InterCity and Regional Railways.

The new vinyls will give a flush-glazed appearance and have individual numbers and no-smoking signs, where possible.

I hope to have something that will give a coach that is comparable to the pre-Blue Riband GF Mk1s (although a wee bit shorter in the case of the Limas).

I'm sure a lot of us still have these coaches hidden at the back of the stock drawer, so why not give them a makeover...?
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

I must say, I do love the old Mini-trix coaches.  I always found them to be great runners, with a good weight to them.

Newportnobby

I can understand vinyls for Minitrix, Adam (although I find them acceptable as is) but Limas are underscale for British N :confused2: :hmmm:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: captainelectra on May 08, 2014, 07:52:22 PM
I'm sure a lot of us still have these coaches hidden at the back of the stock drawer, so why not give them a makeover...?

In the Lima case because they are absolutely dreadful and better used as sacrificial objects to entertain small children ?

In the Minitrix case because its *rare* *collectable* and better flogged off on ebay  :beers:

Reglazing the minitrix ones helps enormously but you can do that without losing all the nice raised detail as you would with vinyl.

Better to use vinyls to recycle the old generation Farish ones into interesting coaches IMHO

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations