Dapol, Your chance to tell them what you'd like them to make

Started by scruff, April 15, 2011, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael

isnt the network rail 31 from farish going to be dcc ready?

Sailor Charon

I asked for the LMS Garratt... Well, if you're doing coal trains between Toton and Brent on the Midland main line...
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

Vulcan

Quote from: michael on April 16, 2011, 08:38:21 PM

Nope, it aint. However, I always thought the 31 was one of the better old Farish models. New 25, 33, 50, and Deltic definately needed!
Cheers,

David

OwL

Quote from: michael on April 16, 2011, 08:38:21 PM

Nope unfortunately not! It's gonna be a re-paint of the old farish poole shell with the usual updated chinese chassis inside. Im hoping Dapol pip them at the post by doing a new model before grafar get round to modernising their antique 31.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Southernboy

In the section 'If Dapol could produce one N Gauge item for me' I voted for anything pre-war Southern Railway, Carriages, EMU or Locomotive.

I don't think there's anything available in Southern Railway green apart from the M7, which carries the very late Bulleid livery.

michael

Vulcan

Quote from: Southernboy on April 17, 2011, 01:53:13 PM
In the section 'If Dapol could produce one N Gauge item for me' I voted for anything pre-war Southern Railway, Carriages, EMU or Locomotive.

I don't think there's anything available in Southern Railway green apart from the M7, which carries the very late Bulleid livery.

Theres the farish West Country 'Exeter', but thats an ancient model well in need of a re-tooling. I think someone commissioned Dapol to make the terrier 'freshwater' in Southern Green as well. There is also the Q1, but they are never anything but black. I think its high time someone did a Schools, or a King Arthur.
Cheers,

David

zwilnik

I asked for a Single or any pre-Grouping outside framer as I'd like to see more pre-grouping stuff and earlier going on, but on reflection it's probably more practical for Bachmann to do as most of the Dapol plastic bodied steamers have been way too light for any real use.

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Adam1701D

I asked for a RTR 319 - dual-voltage unit, very widely travelled over the MML, WCML as well as the Southern and been around since 1988. Oodles of liveries to keep Dapol going for years and they seem destined to head for the Great Western when the wires head west.

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

moogle

I ticked the 14xx and M7 boxes.
I asked for 4 wheeled coaches for our 14xx's, M7's and Terrier's to pull.
After all, there's a gap massive big hole in the UK r-t-r N gauge market for these!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

REFaust

Quote from: moogle on April 21, 2011, 02:43:41 PM
I ticked the 14xx and M7 boxes.
I asked for 4 wheeled coaches for our 14xx's, M7's and Terrier's to pull.
After all, there's a gap massive big hole in the UK r-t-r N gauge market for these!

Judging by the prices the 4 wheel coaches go for s/h I think you might have a point

R E Faust

:Class31:

REFaust

One thing that puzzled me was the lack of an option to ask for more 6 wheel milk tankers.

They go for an absloute bomb on the bay, which suggests they'd be a good seller for Dapol

R E Faust

:Class37: :NGFWagonTour:

zwilnik

Quote from: REFaust on April 21, 2011, 04:34:39 PM
One thing that puzzled me was the lack of an option to ask for more 6 wheel milk tankers.

They go for an absloute bomb on the bay, which suggests they'd be a good seller for Dapol

R E Faust

:Class37: :NGFWagonTour:

And logically, 6 wheel coaches as the various small turn of the century coaches were a mix of 4 and 6 wheels (6 wheels supposedly being more comfortable).

D306Whistler

I have requested a Class 92 in any livery as the trail seems to have gone cold :(. I hope they have not dropped the project as £450 is out of my league for a CJM version. Please do a Class 92 Dapol :).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations