The Adventures of Globibahn

Started by Globibahn, January 17, 2021, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_K

I hope your trip back is a pleasant one Matt, with plenty of cheese opportunities.
You've peaked my curiosity, I must hunt out a copy of 'Today's Railways' now!

Globibahn

Quote from: Dave_K on March 22, 2023, 05:46:51 PM
I hope your trip back is a pleasant one Matt, with plenty of cheese opportunities.
You've peaked my curiosity, I must hunt out a copy of 'Today's Railways' now!

Thank you Dave! I am also keen to initiate my German friends into the secrets of Cheddar cheese.

Enjoy the magazine, you definitely wil not regret it! :thumbsup:

joe cassidy

Don't forget the Branston pickle  :)

swisstrains

Quote from: Globibahn on March 22, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

And this month's 'Today's Railways' is superb with the article on the RE460. There is just no magazine in Germany as good IMO.

Hi Matt. The April edition came through the door this morning with part 2 of the Re 460 article. Something for you to take back to Germany. Hope you are enjoying your visit.

Globibahn

Quote from: swisstrains on March 25, 2023, 09:22:07 PM

Hi Matt. The April edition came through the door this morning with part 2 of the Re 460 article. Something for you to take back to Germany. Hope you are enjoying your visit.

Hi John,

Fantastic, will have to pop out and get that! It is one of the best loco features I have ever read.

I got all my locos out yesterday and gave them a whizz about on the test track. It does not seem to have affected them being in store for a year. Hopefully it did them good to stretch their legs.

Cheers
Matt

Ps. pity the weather is so dire. And accordingly I have had a bad cold, only just getting better. :-[

Globibahn

Finally got the bridge painting done! :claphappy:
80cm x 40cm acrylic on canvas

Dave_K

That looks excellent Matt, well done sir!

Globibahn

Quote from: Dave_K on April 12, 2023, 12:53:03 PM
That looks excellent Matt, well done sir!

Thank you Dave, most kind of you!  :thumbsup:

Globibahn

I ran into a couple of steam locos down at Dresden HB a couple of weeks ago. I took some photos, so thought I would have a go at doing a painting of the buffer beam of DR 03 001.

Got the drawing out on the canvas finished today. Hope I can do her justice!

joe cassidy

Matt, your drawings are not bad for a yoga teacher  :)

Do you not feel tempted to design a loco or two for your friends on here via crowdfunding ?

I would participate for a steam loco.

swisstrains

Look forward to seeing the finished article Matt. There's certainly plenty of detail to test your skills. ;D

Dave_K

Looking forward to the progress with this one - always good to have a challenge, take your time and keep us up to date!

Globibahn

Thanks chaps, yes shall work on it steadily, will be a challenge! :thumbsup: :angel:

Globibahn

These fellas do a good job of cycling down the Gotthard pass, reaching 55 mph at one point! :goggleeyes:

And they cycle past the railway in Airolo at the end.

Cycling in those tunnels like the one at the start is really not pleasant, I have done it once, albeit somewhat slower  :-[

The Furka pass video is not quite as fast but very heavenly:

Jim Easterbrook

Rather them than me! I don't fancy fast descents with hairpin bends (and oncoming traffic). I did once hit 38 mph on the gentle downhill route home from work though, to the astonishment of a white van passenger who shouted "40 mph!?" as it overtook.
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations