How many loco's have you got?

Started by guest2, February 26, 2011, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

So far I'm up to 37 with another 3 on pre order (121 Bubble, Std 5MT and Ivatt Mogul) but still haven't got the layout built to run 'em on, although I do have a large test oval. I convince myself that I collect anything under 50p in a bottle and use this for funds but lately that hasn't been the case as there is just too much coming out I like. For instance, I just spent over £200 on the County Rolling Stock weathered 21T hoppers to go with my Dapol weathered 9F. I also pre ordered the Farish 1960's TPOs to go with my recent purchase of the Class 40 (Great train robbery stuff). I have rakes of green, maroon, blood & custard, chocolate & cream Mk1's and have the Farish Pullmans on pre order (anyone know where I can get a Pullman brake as Farish aren't releasing that??). I also have rakes of vans, coal, permanent way and fuel tank trucks. The idea is to model 50's steam and be able to switch everything to 60's green diesels, so my loco fleet is roughly 50/50 kettles and chip fat fryers (as elsewhere described). I look at Batty Moor S & C layout for true inspiration, along with Chee Tor, which is the best layout I have seen for the 'landscape being there first' status (both can be seen on YouTube)

poliss

According to the coaches article, on the Goods and Not So Goods website, Farish did produce Pullman brake end coaches.
http://www.igg.org.uk/gansg/00-app3-4/ap3-coach.htm

MJKERR

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2011, 02:15:30 PMThis includes Steam Engines, Diesels, EMU's, DMU's, DEMU's....  You know what I mean
There is no option to view results without voting

So before I do, I have a question
What defines a train?
You see I could currently create 46 trains (a loco and coaches or wagons, or DMU)
However, I could increase this to nearly 60 as some are currently joined formations but then will be without a loco on some of them (awaiting DCC conversion)

Tank

I meant loco's, engines, diesels......not necessarily whole trains.   :thumbsup:  Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote from: mjkerr on June 05, 2011, 04:30:41 PM

Correct!  Why would you need to view what others have put?  ???

Newportnobby

Hmmmm - what defines a train? In my days (and still in my head) a train is a collection of railway vehicles WITHOUT/WITH a locomotive. I have never described a locomotive as a train, as a train is something a locomotive pulls. Having said that, Princess Kate recently pulled a train and I wouldn't call her a locomotive (she had no running number but did have the shed code 1B denoting Buck House MPD).

MJKERR

Quote from: Tank on June 05, 2011, 04:35:18 PMWhy would you need to view what others have put?  ???
I don't normally vote on any polls on websites, I just like to see what the general concensus is
Therefore I am unable to view the results

Gets my counting finger out, just to see how many "trains" I currently have...
46 trains (loco plus coaches / wagons or DMU) plus a further 23 locos and 1 DMU (awaiting DCC conversion)
I therefore selected 50+ which seems fair
My target was always 60

lesmond

I'll have another 3 locos fairly soon c/o Dr Al  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

That will bring me up to 5 runners and two in bits, which is probably enough for now, being as I've only got a wee branch line (which isn't built yet  :thumbsdown:)
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Alex

Hi,

I currently have;

1 Prairie (GWR)
1 Fowler (BR)
1 Black 5 (BR)
1 J94 (WPR)
2 GP Tanks (1 LNER and one under conversion to a WPR Barclay 0-6-0T)
1 DMU (BR)
1 Class 30 (BR)
1 H16-44 Diesel (Baltimore and Ohio)
1 Dash 7 (Burlington Northern)

1 2-8-0 Consilidation on order from Hattons.

I can run five at any one time while the others are parked up in sidings.

Alex

Rod

I have four:

Farish Class 37 (swapmeet, £35)
Farish Class 101 (Ebay, £24, in for refurbishment at BR Lines)
Bachmann U36-B (Ebay, £20)
Kato Budd RDC single railcar (Ebay, £44, hopefully the most I'll ever spend on a single loco)

All except the Class 101 are good as new and run superbly.

The only turkey I bought was a brand new Class 04 with dodgy pickups, I didn't want to mess about so it's gone back. I'm not sure I like something that small anyway.

Rod

Irish Padre

Diesel: 108 2 car set
           Class 24
            Class 37

Steam 2F 0-6-0
          3F 0-6-0
          'Cauliflower' 0-6-0
          D11 4-4-0 'Butler-Henderson'
          G2 0-8-0
          Rebuilt 'Royal Scot' 4-6-0
          8F 2-8-0

EtchedPixels

Quote from: mjkerr on June 05, 2011, 04:30:41 PM

Actually on this message system there is

Make a bogus vote and then hit remove vote
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

Hi Rod, those U36's are real big beasts  :thumbsup:  Have to say that seems a lot to pay for a Budd RDC, what road are they both?

If I can sell my Baldwin Sharknose A+B I'd like to get a Doodlebug  ;D

grumbeast

Geez this is hard...

Do I count my American Flyer collection I inherited from my Father in Law?... cause thats around 25+ Steam and say 20 Deisel.
so lets start at 45 S-Scale (not to mention boxes and bloody boxes of freightcars and box cars.

Then on to my N Gauge. (in storage.. so I can't be exact

Japanese : Around 12 complete trains
European :  7 Locomotives (e18, e44, e103, Ce 6/3 plus a few others and 1 steam)
British : 5 Steam, 8 Diesel
US : 7 Steam, At least 20

So say, 49 N Scale (probably over 50.. I've undoubtedly forgotten a few)

I think as it doesn't say how many "N" scale trains (or locomotives!) I'm going to assume I can combine totals :)

so call it 95 total :)

No wonder I'm missing them in storage! :( .. feeling lonely without my trains!

Graham

longbridge

I just gave a large collection of American Geeps, Fs, Es and SDs to my young Grandson but I have six N Gauge all steam locos at the moment and after this weekend maybe seven if the purchase of a Farish MN 35001 Channel Packet works out, gotta love those Spamcans. :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Rod

Quote from: Lawrence on June 05, 2011, 09:26:14 PM
Hi Rod, those U36's are real big beasts  :thumbsup:  Have to say that seems a lot to pay for a Budd RDC, what road are they both?

Hi Lawrence,
The Budd RDC is a New Haven. I say I got it from Ebay, but it was actually a Buy It Now from Southampton Model Centre, listed as used but I rang them and it was sold to them by a collector and never run. I saw Gaugemaster had them for over £60 brand new so I thought this wasn't bad, was I wrong?
The U36-B is CSX. It was my first US N gauge buy, more or less just to try out, and I like it, slow running is superb.
I'm tempted to model a complete US small layout but need to do a bit of research first because I've no idea hardly what goes with what...another topic.
Rod

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations