Windows 10, edge and tabs

Started by DELETED, February 04, 2016, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DELETED

Quick question.  New job and they run windows 10 and "edge" internet browser.  I'm not good at change but I have to deal with it and I'm stuck with it -but I just can not do internet browsing using "tabs" (not a recent thing -I just can't do it after many years of trying).  I need to get individual wondows back but can't find any way to do it in "edge".  The other guys like tabs, I most ceratinly do not -is there any way to get regular "windowed" browsing back or is it another option microsoft has just ditched in the name of progress?  Have done an internet search but can't see a way to do it there.  I think I've managed to get rid of (completely useless) "bing" as the default search engine though it keeps coming back -at least I'm used to knowing how to change it in the settings now but I can't find a way to get rid of "tabbed" viewing yet.

Any ideas -apart from the flipping obvious and use a different program (which I can't do)?

Rich

mickster04

try Control (Ctrl) + Shift + T
it opens the last closed tab, which although you closed the whole window, each window is also a tab. You should be able to do this multiple times in a row to open (in reverse order) any closed browser pages (tabss/windows etc)

DELETED

Quote from: mickster04 on February 04, 2016, 12:54:23 AM
try Control (Ctrl) + Shift + T
it opens the last closed tab, which although you closed the whole window, each window is also a tab. You should be able to do this multiple times in a row to open (in reverse order) any closed browser pages (tabss/windows etc)

Hi Micster, thanks for the pointer.  I tried that and it did absolutely nothing at all.  To be honest I'm on a dodgy computer, loads of things aren't right with it.  I have managed to ditch "edge" today, it's just useless.  Also why anyone would use "bing" beggars belief for me.  Managed to switch it over to IE so far which has helped allot, still can't get rid of "tabs" despite following every procedure out there but I'll work on it so as far as my query and "edge" is concerned -I recommend ditching "edge" immediately if you want to find anything on the net (or if you are an "edge" or "bing" user the web is allot bigger than you think they say it is).

Cheers,

Rich

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations