Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Sounds like a lot to be said for your local model shop!

(If you have one, that is)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on July 21, 2019, 01:15:28 AM

I so wish ...................... My nearest one is 30 miles away, but only has a very limited range of n gauge, although it is not too bad for scenickery stuff. Otherwise it is Belfast or Dublin! On my 2 or 3 trips back home, I always say "If we happen to go anywhere near where there is a model rail shop".  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bigmac

cant beat delivery from isle of man to isle of wight...next day.  thats from Union Mills and Track shack.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Newportnobby

I dare say Lawrence's options for supply of U.S./Japanese railway items from UK sources are very restricted and, maybe for the less mainstream stuff, non existent.

Lawrence

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 21, 2019, 01:06:35 PM

I dare say Lawrence's options for supply of U.S./Japanese railway items from UK sources are very restricted and, maybe for the less mainstream stuff, non existent.

Often times it is spare parts, no way a model shop in the UK is going to have the right Tomix motorised chassis for a conversion or traction tyres for a DD51, for example. I also got annoyed at the total lack of parity between the two parties handling incoming goods at the total lack of customer service from Kevin!

@dannyboy 64 euro Tax, ye gods David did you buy a 1:1 scale loco  ;D

dannyboy

Quote from: Lawrence on July 21, 2019, 08:14:17 PM

64 euro Tax, ye gods David did you buy a 1:1 scale loco  ;D

I did pay €300 for the engine, so if it is normal Irish VAT at about 20%, that equals €60. I will see when I pick it up tomorrow how the charges are worked out and if necessary query the amount with the Customs people.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

Not quite angry as it seems all within the rules BUT.....

An eBay order placed last Thursday and dispatched on the same day still hasn't arrived at its pick-up point.

Estimated delivery states 23rd - 24th so still ok HOWEVER, postage cost £5 and was described as "other 48 hour courier".

:hmmm:

I rather wish I had a choice over delivery company!

Skyline2uk

broadsword

I haven't bought anything from Ebay for a while, but usually I checked the method of
delivery and always chose Royal Mail signed for, even if it meant missing out if that wasn't an option.
I've seen some of these couriers at work locally and wouldn't trust them with a daily paper never
mind an expensive model , as has been said many times UM are the example for others to follow.

Lawrence

For those that haven't, see post#1533

They tried to deliver it today, but left a card because I wasn't in (just like I told them) they will try and re-deliver tomorrow  ;D ;D :no: :no: what a bunch of money wasting muppets they are. I'll make damn sure I get my £12 worth  >:D

Lawrence

Parcelfarce left a card (again) today to say they had tried to deliver but I wasn't at home (don't these people listen!) and clearly two attempts was too much for the guy so this time he has left them at the local post office for me to pick up  ;D ;D

railsquid

So, nominally I am self-employed, which means I pay my taxes directly, and was expecting the usual demand from the tax agency for part pre-payment of this year's expected tax, except it never arrived and the deadline is getting closer, so I called the tax agency and after a lot of back-and-forth they explained there was some sort of a mistake in the previous tax return and it needed to be corrected, but I couldn't for the life of me understand what it was as the person on the other end was firing off a bunch of tax-related vocabulary at high speed without subtitles (perversely it would be easier for me to understand the terms if I see them written down), anyway after having my blood pressure shoot through the roof due to imaging having committed some horrendous tax crime beyond my comprehension, I finally worked out the accountant who submitted the tax return had put my income in the wrong damn column  :veryangry:

I expect that can get sorted out, but it's a bit worrying I might never have known there was an issue had I not called  :goggleeyes: ???

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

On the silver lining side I may actually be due some money back... we'll see...

guest311

SWMBO has not been to good the last couple of days, which has impacted on carriage listing etc, and this morning I had to go to the chemists to pick up her repeat prescription.

'we're having problems getting a couple of the items, it's happening quite a lot recently'  >:(

now having been bombarded by  :censored: politicians, of all colours, going on about Brexit, and how much is being spent on stockpiling everything, from marmalade to morphine apparently, why is it the chemist can't get normal items for a repeat prescription ?

at the risk of being put 'on report' again ...
'...................politicians.............................'  :veryangry:

stevewalker

There have been problems for a couple of years and not restricted to the UK. Made worse recently, as the EU changed the rules on tamper-evident packaging and this is also causing shortages.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations