Disaster has struck

Started by 1936ace, April 23, 2015, 12:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hey
Things are looking up. Just had a parcel delivered and it was my replacement class 31 loco from hattons.
At least I have one loco not flood damaged, only problem can't test it as I lost the gauge master combi and my power can
Thanks again everyone
Bart

Bealman

At least you haven't lost your cheery outlook, Bart.  :thumbsup:

Heads up, mate.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

Wow. Just picked up on the news. Sounds like you had a close escape Bart.

As Bealman says, heads up and I hope you (and your insurance co) sort things out quickly
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

1936ace

Some good and bad news.
Curtesy of ngf member Peter I have now a copy of the class 52 booklet so thanks a million mate I really appreciate you send it across from the uk. I had to throw out all my rail mags and three years of ngs journey all trashed
And now the bad news,just got told via the grape vine so not  sure how true but bunnings hardware my second home is about to collapse as a big sink hole has opened up under it. Then again not surprise as it was once a watercourse when I was a kid before developers filled the gully
Cheers bart

jonclox

Our sympathy goes out to you and yours Bart. Insurance once told me that they would far rather pay out on possessions than lives.
All the best for the future
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Bigric

Don't ever let me complain about our British weather again ! Bart - best wishes to you & your family , hope that it doesn't take too long for you to get operational again . Sorry about the train room though , what a bummer !! Best wishes , Ric

zwilnik

Glad you're all ok Bart. Hopefully the insurance will pay up promptly and you can start the mk2 layout with all the improvements you wish you'd done the first time around :)

EtchedPixels

Ouch... thats horrendous. Glad you are at least still with us.

For the old NGS magazines you can get them on CD which also leaves a lot more space for train books.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Ozymandias

Bart, I am very sorry to hear of your losses and the damage - it must be heartbreaking. I am glad you and your loved ones are in one piece and I hope that getting back to normal doesn't take too long.

Best wishes,

Oz
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Tank

That sounds terrible.  As someone who battles floods a few times a year, I can understand to a degree, although I haven't lost anywhere near as much gear as you.  All the best.

1936ace

Hieee guys as said before thanks heaps for the support. Hattons have just emailed me my invoices to give to the insurance company. Quick service. Only spoke to them via live chat an hour ago.
I may not be able to replace the exact loco due to  but I will be able to get its replacement model
Cheers bart

David Asquith

Hi Bart,
Must admit when I first saw the title of your post I thought some one had damaged a loco or piece of track and didn't bother to read the post.  If I posted everytime I damaged a point everyone would be bored to death.  10 points in bits as spares at the last count.
So sorry to hear it was a real disaster and damaged prized possessions including your second home.  Pleased that it did not damage all of your house and hope the insurance company serve you well.  Hope Nicole is coping too.  Best wishes for the future.

Dave

port perran

Hi Bart

We've just returned from holiday.
So sorry to hear of the disaster which has befallen you. I wish you well with the cleanup and hope that the insurers cover everything. 

Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Jerry Howlett

And from me Bart sorry to hear this. Hope you can salvage or perhaps ebay the weathered items...  No returns accepted.  Maybe Antique toys will give you a good price.
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Caz

Terrible news Bart, must have been terrifying but glad you are both ok.  Let's hope the insurance company  play ball and you get up and running again real soon.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%