Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6298

sithee

Bob G

isn't it typical.

We've already had an E6003 with a SYP. Now we get the same loco without a SYP. Why couldn't Gaugemaster do one that had not been done before.
I definitely may have to get it.
And I definitely will have E6039 - a much needed livery if I may say so. Much better than Dapol's E6033 which only wore Banger Blue for a short time from 1971-1974.

Just hope they get these older liveries right. They seem to do OK with the modern liveries but they have not been so good with Broadlands for example.

Grrrrr....

Bob

bluedepot

that's good news then

I've ordered one

tim

RailGooner

Quote from: Lindi on August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM
GM2210205 - 73212 Network Rail Yellow

:bounce: Saves me having to respray a 'Brighton Evening Argus'.

potts

I just hope there better than the last batch.

robert shrives

2 yellow and one dutch seem likely purchases.
Robert

Newportnobby

Quote from: bluedepot on August 31, 2018, 06:46:25 PM
that's good news then

I've ordered one

tim

How did you manage that, Tim?
I've gone onto their site and tried to order a green one and nothing happens at all ???

Bob G

Worked OK for me.
But it was hard to find the basket (rather strangely it was on the left, halfway down)

Bob

Bob G

Also please note the models they showed must be Dapol OO ones.

Just hope they get the colours right - Dapol warning panel yellow in OO is rubbish - in N on the 33s and Westerns its OK.
I cant figure the inconsistency.

Bob

Newportnobby

Sorted now thanks. What a weird site. I kept pressing 'Order' thinking a new page would open as I had not seen the Shopping Cart on the left in small type. Before I knew it, I'd ordered 15 of 'em!
Their order numbers are easily remembered too, eh?

Safety Engineer

I'd be up for a Green one however, is it actually a JA Electro-Diesel? The JA's had a different side window/grill arrangement to the JB variant. Less noticeable differences were that the bogies were different and I think that the JB had an extra MU jumper at the ends. The original JA was a home grown BR product whereas the JB was an English Electric product.

(The original Green special from the Signal Box was near enough a JA for my eyesight).

(Out of interest: The JA's were originally SR coach Green to match rolling stock and carried the corresponding coach roundel).

Martin

davidinyork

Have Dapol actually ever produced the tooling variations for the JAs?

Bob G

Quote from: Safety Engineer on August 31, 2018, 10:06:55 PM
I'd be up for a Green one however, is it actually a JA Electro-Diesel? The JA's had a different side window/grill arrangement to the JB variant. Less noticeable differences were that the bogies were different and I think that the JB had an extra MU jumper at the ends. The original JA was a home grown BR product whereas the JB was an English Electric product.

(The original Green special from the Signal Box was near enough a JA for my eyesight).

(Out of interest: The JA's were originally SR coach Green to match rolling stock and carried the corresponding coach roundel).

Martin

You are absolutely right. We will get the plastic revised JA DCC ready chassis, because that's what people want (quote unquote) which can't pull the skin off a rice pudding, but what body we get will be a lottery. Dapol did the JB first but i think Signal Box had the exclusivity on the JA mould with its different window/grill/MU jumpers (possibly until they went bust).

I've already rejected one Gaugemaster version - the Broadlands in Executive livery which looked like stripey toothpaste. Sickly white and too dark grey.

Would be good to have some interaction with GM to get it right but that doesn't seem to happen.

We can always send them back. There are enough punters who won't care if the livery/bodystyle is right or not quite right, so GM don't seem too bothered. Its always the early liveries that suffer. I guess the person who specs these up is into post 2000 liveries. GM i hope you are reading this and give us some comfort that you will get these right.

Bob

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 31, 2018, 10:05:42 PM
Sorted now thanks. What a weird site. I kept pressing 'Order' thinking a new page would open as I had not seen the Shopping Cart on the left in small type. Before I knew it, I'd ordered 15 of 'em!
Their order numbers are easily remembered too, eh?

:laughabovepost: Nearly spilt my Green Spot then. :beers:

Newportnobby

I've always wanted a green one but never thought they'd come round again.
Now all I need is an excuse for one to turn up in Oxfordshire - maybe the only thing they could lay their mitts on for a failed class 33 :D
(Not that 600hp probably hauled a great deal :hmmm:)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations