Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 27, 2019, 04:24:24 PM
Sapphire, so good.

(Yeah - I know. The engine's running right now)

More like the engine's running 'light'!

These comments of yours are getting more jade'd the further we go!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

grumbeast

The sapphire in my wife's engagement ring popped out a few years ago, we'd been gardening and thought it was buried somewhere. Later the afternoon we'd lost it and spent hours desperately trying to find it, my then 6 year old daughter comes downstairs with a grin on her face, she'd found it on the floor in her room despite the fact the carpet was deep and blue!.. needless to say she got a nice reward (We took her out for a fancy supper and she got to order a Dessert too!)

G

Newportnobby

Just saved myself £200 on my car insurance renewal so that's paid for my pair of 56xx locos :D

daveg

Nice one, Mick!  :thumbsup:

We did a similar yesterday when Admiral wanted £700+ for house and contents renewal after a sub £1K claim. Going to a More Than a well known alternative and honestly stating a claim was made, we saved over £300.

Insurance is getting to be a rip off business unless you shop around.

I wonder how these people think stupid renewal quotes will gain them business.

Dave G

dannyboy

I had a similar experience ten days ago. I received the house and contents renewal quote, had a look around at a couple of other insurance companies and then rang the insurance company. Result is that they virtually matched the cheapest quote I had found and I saved nearly €100.  :thumbsup: And the car insurance renewal is due in a couple of weeks so may have to have a repeat performance!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daveg

'Customer Loyalty' isn't rewarded as it was some time back.

A returning customer used to be valued. It appears now that if you stick with a service provider/whatever you stand a good chance of being overcharged.

Shame really.

Dave G

daffy

Halifax sent me a renewal notice at the start of the month. The premium was up by 34% on last year. :o. (No claims made.)

I did the comparison sites trawl and came up with exactly the same cover for 45% less than the renewal price requested by Halifax.

And the supplier of this so much cheaper cover?

Halifax.  :goggleeyes:

It was rather apt that the comparison site that 'found' this low price was Confused, cos I certainly was. :doh:

Thankfully I always reject a renewal premium request out of hand, and always challenge it and usually get a discount on it, or change insurers.

'Customer loyalty' is meaningless these days when it comes to insurance.

Caveat emptor.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

As my current insurer is on automatic renewal I had to ring them to say I would not be renewing with them this year and they then tried everything to keep me with them such as 'loyalty bonus' which their underwriters would not be aware of. I just told them they should have offered me their best price in the first place and not rip me off for the higher premium. That made the guy cough a bit but still he tried to persuade me to stay with them. In the end I just asked what part of 'I'm not renewing' could he not understand and he said my paperwork inc NCB proof would be in the post in the next 4 days >:D
I'm looking forward to being on personal terms with Winston Wolf with enough savings to buy Morag's coffee :D

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 28, 2019, 08:23:37 PM
As my current insurer is on automatic renewal I had to ring them to say I would not be renewing with them this year and they then tried everything to keep me with them such as 'loyalty bonus' which their underwriters would not be aware of. I just told them they should have offered me their best price in the first place and not rip me off for the higher premium. That made the guy cough a bit but still he tried to persuade me to stay with them. In the end I just asked what part of 'I'm not renewing' could he not understand and he said my paperwork inc NCB proof would be in the post in the next 4 days >:D
I'm looking forward to being on personal terms with Winston Wolf with enough savings to buy Morag's coffee :D

Well said / done Nobby.

Actually it was "Mr Wolf's" company that set me on a road of constant car insurance provider swopping a few years back, having previously been with them for a few years.

To be honest I have come to accept the annual trawl across the web to secure the best deal, these days all it takes is for a provider to "tweak" their algorithm and suddenly it seems they don't want your custom.

FYI: It should be a simple matter of informing your new provider that you do not wish to auto-renew. That way they write to you with the renewal quote saying "unless you contact us your cover will lapse".

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 28, 2019, 08:58:32 PM

FYI: It should be a simple matter of informing your new provider that you do not wish to auto-renew. That way they write to you with the renewal quote saying "unless you contact us your cover will lapse".

Skyline2uk

I forgot that bit. I was asked whether I wanted auto renewal or not and said 'not'. When asked why I said I might have a fatal car crash and wouldn't like to think my insurance would be automatically renewed afterwards. To be fair, he did laugh and say that was the best reason he'd heard for a long time ;D

Bealman

Woke up yesterday to a completely flat tyre on front of car. In my current medical condition, plus the car being on a sloping driveway, I didn't really feel confident to put the spare on.

There just happens to be a Tyrepower joint at the bottom of our street, so I gave them a call. Within 3 minutes, a young guy arrived in a ute with a jack.

Ten minutes later, the spare was on, the flat one in the back of his ute, and I was following him to the tyre place.

I went for a beer in the nearby Figtree pub, then half an hour later, picked up the car - tyre repaired (a screw was the culprit), alloy wheel back on, spare back in the boot.

Cost for all this excellent service? A$35!!!

I know where I'll be getting the next set of tyres from!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Bealman on November 29, 2019, 12:41:58 AM

I know where I'll be getting the next set of tyres from!

The Fig Tree Pub  :D

Bealman

Well that's where I'll be while they fit 'em  :beers:

Newportnobby

As George has 'gone native', for those like me who are confused a 'ute' is Aussi/Kiwi abbreviation for a 'utility' vehicle, often with a tonneau covered area behind the passenger compartment.

Bealman

Yes indeed.Two seat cab (sometimes 4), with a utility tray on the back.

Very tendoid wth young guys starting their own businesses up around here.  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations